Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanne516 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 12:06 PM
    Fan runs after thermostat turned off
    We have a Goodman heat pump and AC unit, the fan will keep running after the outside unit kicks off, stays on even with thermostat turned off, only goes off when breaker is turned off. Checked thermostat and wiring , these are okay. After a period it will start working properly and kick off and on without popping the breaker. Any help would be appreciated !
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Mar 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
    it sounds like it could be your fan relay switch.first disconnect power .wires from fan go to it,like a little black box 1x1.5 inches.or it could be a short in your t-stat wiring.what happens when you flick your fan switch from on to auto on your t-stat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Heat Pump we turned it to heat, inside fan runs outside fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

We changed our heat pump from AC to heat, noticed the inside fan ran all night. Checked in the morning and the outside fan wasn't running. Turned it off and back on there is a click but the fan doesn't start. Turned the setting back to AC to see if it would run acts the same as with heat, exterior...

AC Fan Runs Constantly Even if Unit is Turned Off! [ 25 Answers ]

I have a two story house with two air conditioning units. One for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. I rarely if ever use the upstairs unit because the master bedroom is downstairs and no one lives upstairs. I had some company in town the other day and when we cut the air on it ran...

AC Fan Runs Constantly Even if Unit is Turned Off! [ 13 Answers ]

I have looked up this question here already, but it was for a furnace. My question is the same but with a standard outdorr AC unit fan by protech/emerson electric model# K55HXPZG-5379. The blade also has trouble on start up, it tries to move, but only works with a tap on the blade itself. I have...

Programmable Thermostat, Fan runs, Heat/Air do not run in Auto setting [ 10 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell, RTH230B. My connections are: R to Rh (red jumper to Rc that came with the unit) W to W Y to Y G to G B to nothing The fan comes on (when set to "on").

View more questions Search