Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ablack6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 08:49 PM
    Dan Engles manufactures and sells homemade wine, and he wants to develop a standard c
    Dan Engles manufactures and sells homemade wine, and he wants to develop a standard cost per gallon. The following are required for production of a 50-gallon batch.
    3,200 ounces of grape concentrate at $0.06 per ounce
    55 pounds of granulated sugar at $0.38 per pound
    62 lemons at $0.63 each
    50 yeast tablets at $0.26 each
    50 nutrient tablets at $0.21 each
    2,450 ounces of water at $0.008 per ounce

Dan estimates that 4% of the grape concentrate is wasted, 10% of the sugar is lost, and 20% of the lemons cannot be used.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Transferring room temperature wine to wine fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a proper procedure for transferring wine that has been stored at room temperature to a wine fridge? Does it need to be a step by step process in lowering the temp. of the wine till it reaches the optimum storage temperature?

Redistribution/re-sale of wine or fortified wine [ 4 Answers ]

If I wanted to charge a fee for private wine tastings in people's home (people of legal drinking age) in the state of Texas and Louisiana, (a) do I need a special license or permit to charge a fee for the wine tasting? And (b) if I want to sell them contingency bottles of wine (1 of each type of...

Dan [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a company that make a non bump thred weed eater

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.