Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thetaylormcrae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 08:17 PM
    1995 Civic extremely low idle
    Hey there everyone! I've got a 1995 Honda Civic LX with just a little over 215,000 miles on it. I was told recently that there was low compression in one of the cylinders, but that the car could be driven around till it eventually died.

I noticed recently that my car is lurching forward and acting as though it slips when accelerating. Along with these symptoms, my car will idle just above zero and shudder while giving a low "thumping" noise from what I believe is the muffler.

I've checked the levels for the radiator, automatic transmission and engine oil and all three look great. Not really sure what things to check next or really what I should do in this case. Any and all help would be extremely helpful!

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic DX 1995 high idle problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm about at my wits end with this car. A problem that I'm having even after it was worked on is that when it cranks it's idling high, but when I go to restart it again after taking a short trip - it won't start. The car was taken to a mechanic with this problem and it was fixed initially...

2001 EU honda civic low idle when warm [ 1 Answers ]

2001 EU Honda Civic, 5door hatch. 87k miles on clock, no mods. Recent 85k service by dealership. When the idle drops it is usually at the end of the drive home, some 25miles. So the engine is nice and warm. The idle bounces between 200 ish to 600rpm. This was happening before my service. It...

88 Chevy has fluctuating idle and extremely low idle turning either direction. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 88 Chevy pickup. It originally started as a low idle when turning sharp either directing (and sometimes dieing) and evolved into the idle fluctuating up and down when you are straight. I don't notice this when driving, only when idling or turning. I took it to a Chevy dealer, and they...

Irractic Idle on a 1995 Honda Civic [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1995 Honda Civic DX, 1.5l SOHC engine, and the problem I am currently having with it is, when it is in Idle it will idle up and then down. Like if someone was stepping on the gas for a half second then letting off the gas. It will only do this when it is in neutral or idling. ...

Idle on 1995 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, As the weather turns cold, my car will sometimes idle very sporadically - as if someone is pushing on the gas for 1 second, letting off, and then pushing again. Any thoughts?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.