Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albertPuggi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
    Real estate procedures brokers should do at signing of sales agreement for sellers?
    I signed a listing agreement and never received a copy .is the signed contract still binding still binding
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 06:08 AM
    It is binding, as soon as it is signed by both parties. Merely call them and tell them you need a copy of it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Yes it's binding. It's your job to get a copy (usually on the spot), and you'd never be able to prove you didn't get one.

Mar 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
    How can I get out of my sales agreement contract ?
    My broker is a Con. I have an exclusive listing agreement contract that my broker made for 1 year and
    5 percent commission 2 1/2 for him & 2 1/2 for the selling broker.
    I signed it without looking at it (because he is a friend) expecting it to reflect our previous meeting agreement that he would take a flat fee just to put it in the MLS wither he sells it or another office sells it. If his co. sells it in house then he would get 2 1/2 percent minus the flat feet to put it on the MLS. Also he has to go with all sales people when the house is being shown. We done this deal once before 1 year ago. He flashed the new contract in front of me to sign as a last minute thing as I was leaving his office. He left the door wide open on the 2nd fl. Deck, He never goes with other sales people on showings. So I confronted him about it and he got mad , He took the sale sign down on my property ,but left the house on the MLS . He told me not to contact him any more but he still wants the commission if I sell.He also told me if the house sells let selling agent do the paper work he is not going to do it . How can I get out of this contract

Mar 19, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Need to get out of a listing contract
    How can I get out of my sales agreement contract ?
    My broker is a Con. I have an exclusive listing agreement contract that my broker made for 1 year and
    5 percent commission 2 1/2 for him & 2 1/2 for the selling broker.
    I signed it without looking at it (because he is a friend) expecting it to reflect our previous meeting agreement that he would take a flat fee just to put it in the MLS wither he sells it or another office sells it. If his co. Sells it in house then he would get 2 1/2 percent minus the flat feet to put it on the MLS. Also he has to go with all sales people when the house is being shown. We done this deal once before 1 year ago. He flashed the new contract in front of me to sign as a last minute thing as I was leaving his office. He left the door wide open on the 2nd fl. Deck, He never goes with other sales people on showings. So I confronted him about it and he got mad , He took the sale sign down on my property ,but left the house on the MLS . He told me not to contact him any more but he still wants the commission if I sell.He also told me if the house sells let selling agent do the paper work he is not going to do it . How can I get out of this contract
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2012, 07:34 AM
    If the broker will not give you a copy, then report the issue to your State's Department of Insurance, and/or your State's Attorney general.

You should NEVER sign anything without looking at it AND getting a copy of it when you sign.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Albert, see the previous answers.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Take it off the market or raise the asking price so high that no one will buy it, or try to sue him (you will lose) - or honor the agreement.

You MIGHT be able to get out of it for leaving the door open, but it would mean taking it to small claims.
    You could complain to the RE licensing board in your state, I suppose.
    But the bottom line is that you let a 'friend' hoodwink you, and that's your fault too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal agreement and real estate [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I bought a house together in June. Unfortunately, only my name is on the deed due to his recent real estate transaction. We split the monthly mortgage and utility bills. He recently broke up with me and moved all of his belongings out. I have records of his monthly deposits and...

Real Estate in Separation Agreement [ 9 Answers ]

My wife and I are separating. It's amicable. We agreed that if I assumed all the household debt, mortgage, credit cards, college loans, etc. I could also have the house. The title and mortgage are in both our names. I think I understand what a quit deed is, but is the language in the separation...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

Can a married person buy real estate with out their spouse signing. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if a married person can buy real estate with out having their spouse signing the contracts?

View more questions Search