Ask
    leest4eva Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 12:40 AM
    Will a half of beer be out of my system in 22 hrs to take EtG test
    I am 165lbs very active 31 yrsold 6foot one
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2012, 02:32 AM
    The limited amount of testing performed on small amounts of alcohol and EtG indicates 1 beer clearing in about 18 hours.*

However, the variation in metabolism from one individual to another as well as interindivdual variance in EtG production disallows any generalization of those results.

EtG cannot be predicted anywhere near that level of precision.

Ref.

Tox News

Mar 19, 2012, 05:36 AM
    @dr bill I had drank like two gallons of water and pissed a whole lot it was only a natural light wich contains 4.5% and it really wasn't &half just a good gulp... nervous wreck...
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2012, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leest4eva View Post
    @dr bill I had drank like two gallons of water and pissed a whole lot it was only a natural light wich contains 4.5% and it really wasn't &half just a good gulp...nervous wreck...
    The smaller the amount... the greater the chance it will be eliminated. Smaller amounts of alcohol have more test results, to demonstrate that incidental exposure will not register at 24 hours.(1, 2)

All of the test data shows that you will not have EtG at 22 hours from very low intake. Probably if EtG was present it would not rise to the level of detection (cutoff), and that's particularly true if the cutoff is 500 ng. Following the test data EtG should have been eliminated within 7-12 hours (1).

My point is that the test is erratic as commercially used... the research is sparse and these time lines are known to vary from one individual to another.

As example, the promotional literature states that even small amounts of alcohol can be detected for 120 hours (Wurst, 2002; Skipper, 2004) while another body of evidence (noted below) states that small amounts are detectable for a period of only 5-21 hours. Every elimination test, to date, ever conducted has found wide "interindividual and intraindividual variation" in EtG measured.

The data is conflicting and disallows prediction except in a broad range. But to date, a single full drink (13.7 g) has not been detected for more than 20.6 hours. So you should be safe.

Please confirm after obtaining the results.

1) Musshoff
    2) Thierauf

Mar 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
    OK thanks I will up date and let everyone know as soon as I get my,results

Mar 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
    OK so I got my results in... and I'm good I passed whew!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leest4eva View Post
    ok so I got my results in ......and im good I passed whew!!!!!
    Thanks for reporting your results.

Would you know the cutoff of the test?
    brandnew1104 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Dr. Bill.
    I drank one beer, a corona extra to be exact. And had a EtG test in the lab 12 hours later. What do you think the results will be? I drank a lot of water, and orange juice two hours prior to the testing and I'm almost positive my test was diltuded. My urine was crystal clear. Can you still detect alcohol in diltution?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can non-alcoholic beer make you test positive on an ETG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I had 1 non-alcoholic beer 96 hours before and 1 non-alcoholic beer 72 hours before an ETG alcohol test. I weigh 122lbs and am 5 ft 3 in good health. I was applying for a new job and wasn't aware that you had to pass an ETG test. I know there isn't much alcohol in these but heard it can be...

ETG Test After Approximately 80 hrs. after last drink [ 6 Answers ]

Dr. Bill - I messed up and went to a party and drank last Thursday. My question is this-if I had 5 or 6 beers and two shots, the first drink being at around 8pm and the last beer being at around 3 am Friday morning, where does this put me, risk wise, at failing a Monday EtG test? I'll probably...

Can I pass an EtG test after about 30 hrs from my last drink? [ 6 Answers ]

I literally had one average whiskey and coke ( maybe a shot or shot and 1/2 of cheap whiskey) about 24 hrs ago. I wasn't aware and had never even heard of this test until my attorney told me about it. Apparently I am going to have to take this EtG test in the morning, along with some others I am...

EtG test 8 beers 62 hrs later test [ 1 Answers ]

Will I pass a EtG after 62 hrs after consuming 8 beers

Has anyone failed the EtG test after 80 hrs [ 2 Answers ]

I see a lot of questions about EtG but never any follow up. So, has anyone ever taken an EtG test and failed when they thought they were in the clear of the 80 hours. My last drink would be 96 hours prior to the test, but I have heard that they can detect up to 5 days??

View more questions Search