Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfrbuofs Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
    Do I have ovarian cancer?
    I'm kind of scared, my mom had ovarian cancer and my great grandma had breast cancer, and my dad had lung cancer. I have a doc appointment tomorrow at noon... I have just recently clicked two and two together... I have abdominal swelling and bloating, constipation, pain down there especially on my right side... And constant lower back pain. And abnormal vaginal bleeding. Last time I had sex it was kind of painful... I don't know what my risks are but this had been happening for a couple months. I am not old, I'm in my early 20s , and I read it is more common in older wo
    En. I know nobody can diagnose me on here, tomorrow at my appointment I will be getting some tests done. I guess it just freaks me out that my family history is what it is. Any insight would be useful!
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
    You poor thing! You must be terrified!

I'm an ovarian cancer survivor, and I can tell you that getting yourself to the doctor is the best move you can make, so good for you! Be sure (you need to be really pro-active about this) he orders both a vaginal ultrasound and a CAT scan of your pelvic region as well as a CA-125 blood test. If your tests turn out positive, try not to panic. Just find the absolutely best surgeon and the absolutely best treatment facility in your area. If it turns out you have it (and that's a really BIG IF), it would appear you have the same kind I did, which has symptoms, instead of the truly nasty one that just moves in silently.

What you're describing could be a number of things including polycystic ovaries, so don't get upset till you have reason to do so. If you turn out negative, I recommend that you still have a BRACA 1 + 2 test done to see if you're carrying a gene that would predispose you to breast cancer and other hormone-driving varieties.

Good luck! Please come back an let us know how things are going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovarian cancer -convert to disability after getting regular [ 2 Answers ]

First diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2008, I retired when it recurred in 2010 but only requested and received regular SS because I did not know OC would have been automatically approved for SS disability. I retired from work in Oct of 2010. I just turned 63. Can I convert from regular to...

Ovarian cancer symptoms [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is melissa and I had move to a new stat and don't have a family doc and I think I may have ovarian cancer I had looked up the symptoms that I have been exasperating and they have directed towards ovarian cancer am I able to go to the er will they be able to tell me if I do have cancer

Is it cancer if you have ovarian cyst then they find breast nodules also [ 1 Answers ]

My sister was having a lot of gastroenteritis she went to doctors finally they figured out she had two cyst on ovaries. She also had a mammogram which came back showing two breast nodules. Could this be or is it most likely cancer

Ovarian Cancer [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, who knows what about ovarian cancer. I had a Ct done and have a huge tumor that covers my lower pelvic and hides both of my ovaries. My Ca-125 test came back low, Family dr referred me to my gyn, my gyn referred me to a gyn onconlogist. I'm clearly looking at surgery and due to the size of the...

Ovarian Cancer [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how many women out there have gone or had ovarian cancer? My grandmother died last year on 9/11 after battling with it for over 8 years. She was diagnosed at age 60-65 somewhere areound there. My mom was diagnosed at age 50. My mom has recovered and cancer hasn't come back, but...

View more questions Search