Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dempafy Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Mar 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
    How do I gain belly fat with a high metabolism?
    I'm 17, 5"8, and male. I have a high metabolism, but I don't do any physical activity. I have decided I want to gain some fat, but I don't know how to do it efficiently.

As well, if I continue to eat to gain, not be physical and only go to school, even with a high metabolism, - am I on the road to morbid obesity?

Mar 19, 2012, 08:11 AM
    How to 'kill' a high metabolism?
    All right, I was wondering what ways there are to make a high metabolism become extremely slow. No matter the consequences, what can I do?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Here are some suggestions:
    Healthy Ways to Gain Weight
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
    May I ask why you want to be morbidly obese? You do realize that comes with health risks like diabetes and heart attacks don't you?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    May I ask why you want to be morbidly obese? You do realize that comes with health risks like diabetes and heart attacks don't you?

Exactly... I was going to ask the same thing... he could have some of mine if there is a way to donate it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
    My grandfather and now my son have a high metabolism. They can eat and eat and eat, even sweets, and never seem to gain an ounce. Look at your father and grandfather. Are they tall and thin with a high metabolism?

At your age, this may seen like a bad thing (but you can always lift weights to gain muscle mass), but once you are around age 40, having a high metabolism will be a good thing. That's the age when the body begins to slow down so that weight gain becomes a problem.

Be glad for how your metabolism is. In twenty years, you will still be smiling while others will be worrying about diets and being unattractively fat.

P.S. Girls like men with a flat belly. A FAT belly can mean heart attack.

Mar 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Will I get fat if I continue this?
    I'm you're typical lazy guy, I'm 17 and 5"8. I have a high metabolism so I can drink soda, eat junk, play video games and lay down all day after I get home from school and on the weekends.

I have a high metabolism now, but if I continue this, will I become obese?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 05:35 PM
    Ah, I remember those days. I had a high metabolism too. When I was 16 I was 98 pounds soaking wet. I could eat whatever I wanted, never exercise, and never gain weight. But that changed.

Sooner or later it will catch up to you. Either way, high metabolism or not, what you're doing isn't healthy for your body. It will rebel, one way or another.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
    As you get older, you have established bad habits, they are harder to change as you get older, and yes you will get fat

Mar 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Ehh, so what percent chance do I have at becoming obese would you say?:s

Mar 19, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Fattiest foods to eat to get fat?
    Well, I calculated my metabolic rate and see that if I eat around 2000 calories, I can start 'killing' my metabolism to the point where most food is stored as fat.

My question is... What foods are insane in calories? The fattiest ones.
    Pets Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dempafy View Post
    Ehh, so what percent chance do I have at becoming obese would you say?:s
    There's no way to give an accurate guess at that. It depends on your genes, what you eat, your health, whether your metabolism stays the same, injuries, illnesses, and many other factors that we couldn't possibly know. Many that you won't know for years.

Mar 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
    Well, my BMR is 1650 calories a day. I consume that but I don't exercise or do anything physical.

I'm sort of trying to gain weight.
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Well, my BMR is 1650 calories a day. I consume that but I don't excercise or do anything physical.

I'm sorta trying to gain weight.
    Are you trying to gain healthy weight?

Have you talked to a doctor or nutritionist about this?

Mar 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
    It doesn't matter to me if it is unhealthy, I just want weight. I discussed it with my doctor. He advise against it, but it won't stop me
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 06:18 PM
    It doesn't matter to me if it is unhealthy, I just want weight. I discussed it with my doctor. He advise against it, but it wont stop me
    I hope you understand why I won't contribute to this. When you said "unhealthy weight", and "I discussed it with my doctor. He advise against it", well, I can't, as a responsible caring person, be a part of this.

My suggestion would be that you listen to your doctor. He knows your body, he knows you, and he went to school for many years in order to give you an accurate diagnosis. If he's against this, then there's no way any decent human being can be for this. You're asking us to put your health at risk. How can we do that? I for one can't.

I won't be a part of risking your health. I don't think you should be either.

I hope you understand why, but most of all, I hope you listen to your doctor.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you see reason.

Mar 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
    How to stretch your stomach capacity for a lot more food?
    Hey guys, I need to stretch my stomach so I can intake more food. I'm in need to eat 3000-4000 calories a day and I need a way to stretch my stomach to eat a lot more. Once I get fatter, I'll probably stretch it by eating and going on binges - but for now, anyone know a good way to stretch my stomach?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Why, this does not sound healthy, have you discussed this with your doctor?

Mar 20, 2012, 08:02 PM
    No, and it's my own body so it doesn't matter.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Dempafy, your comments are a bit confusing. Tell us your bottom line: Is becoming morbidly obese what you want? If so, then you're asking the wrong people, because we will not be a part of giving suggestions for how to speed your way to the grave. Your doctor gave you good advice. Disregard it at your own risk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to GAIN weight/slow down metabolism? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been very thin my whole life, well, it started when I was about 10. The doctor told me that I have a fast metabolism, which means my body breaks down food quickly and only stores a very little amount as fat. So basically, if I were to intake a lot of calories, I still would not gain...

How to slow my metabolism to gain weight? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 and weigh 133 lbs. I have a fast metabolism and want to know how to kill my metabolism so I can start gaining as I want to be considered "morbidly obese". It is a fetish so there is no argueing it. I don't mind doing something that is considered unhealthy like starving myself so...

Belly fat [ 8 Answers ]

What can I do to loose the belly fat. I have been doing cardio and weight lifting 6 times a week and eating right. My whole body looks good except my belly. No matter what I do I can not get rid of it. I am 5.4 f tall and I weigt 120 lb. thank you

Fat belly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 12Y.0 5'6 and 208 pounds though I'm obese I'm as strong and active as a "fit" person. I kind of Like the way my belly feels and I have not gained a pound in months. Keep it or take pills (normal tactics won't work)

View more questions Search