Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Mar 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
    We've been texting for a year, should I meet him?
    I met this guy online through eharmony (I know, alarm bells but I'm not stupid) and he seems genuine enough and we've been texting each other for almost a year now.
    I'm not in love with him but I like him and I'd like to like him even more, if that makes sense, but I'm a bit of an emotionless rock when it comes to relationships so I've never actually managed to like someone long enough for it to turn into something; but I'm fine with that. However I do want to meet this guy (just a test), but being from the internet he could be anyone and throw me in his van before I can ask what movie he'd like to see.
    He (apparently) lives near me and has asked to meet before but I said no because he told me the day before that another girl he was texting had suddenly stopped talking to him. I'm not really sure what to do, I could leave it as it is, its nice like this and I don't have to worry that I won't like him in person, but I can't string him along forever; anyone in a similar situation?
    I'm 19 years old in my first year of university.
    Dreamer75 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 11:16 PM
    I say u go meet the guy out in public, go to a pool hall or with a bunch of friends tell him to bring his friends too. Just in case u two don't hit it off at least there will b other pple there to bail both of u out, hope this helps our.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
    If you have only been texting for a year, maybe its time to communicate in other ways first. Phone, or skype maybe? I mean you don't seem to be gung ho, just curious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In what movie does a young girl meet a man online, they meet, go to his place, and [ 1 Answers ]

And she ends up cutting off his penis?

About to meet an 19 year old daughter for 1st time [ 3 Answers ]

1st off the Mother didn't take her away from me I left, I was young and dumb. About 2 to 3 years after Leaving my daughter with her Mother 2 states away, I quit drinking, and Partying, got cleand up and got a job, To only relize then that I had a 3 year old daughter I haven't seen sents her birth...

Father wants to meet 11 year old daughter for the first time. [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 36 years old. My daughter will be 12 in March. I held her when she was just a couple of weeks old, and haven't had any contact since then. I have never been a part of her life, and now have finally decided to step up and be responsible. I'd love to be a part of her life if she wants me to. ...

Texting him [ 2 Answers ]

I like him a lot but what do I say to him through a text?

View more questions Search