Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Job app question
    What does it mean on an job app when it says employed from, what do I put down for that
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 02:20 PM
    It sounds like they want a span of dates when you worked at previous jobs -- e.g. AT&T, 5ESS Installer,1981-1986.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2012, 02:22 PM
    It generally means the date you started on that job. Depending on how recent you may be able to just indicate month and year or just year.

Mar 17, 2012, 02:37 PM
    OK thanks it says employed from and to so I was just wondering

Mar 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
    And also it says name and address of employer does that mean the name of the company or your boss
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    ok thanks it says employed from and to so I was just wondering
    Then that really should be self explanatory. They want to know when your worked for the place, FROM when TO when.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    and also it says name and address of employer does that mean the name of the company or your boss

Generally, it means the address where you worked from. For example, if you worked at McDonald's you would list the address of the restaurant you worked. If you worked at several McDonald's then list the last address. If your boss worked from a different location list where you worked.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
    It means the name of the company, or individual you worked for and address
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Really, is this a serious question, sorry I find it so hard to believe anyone can not know some obvious questions.

Sorry but you put down the name of the company where you worked, they want the dates you worked, many will want your wages earned, name of your boss, list of duties.

Perhaps you should go to the state employment office and take one of their classes, they are free, on looking for a job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can not open adobe - error message app name: acrord32.exe app ver: 10.0.0.396 [ 0 Answers ]

I can not open adobe from either email or desktop. The error message: AppName: acrord32.exe appVer: 10.0.0.396 modname: acrord32.dll modver: 10.0.0.407 offset: 00187035. Adobe reader X Windows xp home edition

Email prog/app. Question? [ 4 Answers ]

Here is a question, I saw a posting question inquiring about a chat line program seen in the movie EUROtrip. I have some what of the same question... In the movie the main character has an Email Programthat says " Mail Fu**head!" I really though it might be interesting to have the program. I...

Question About a Urine Test for a Job [ 2 Answers ]

This is in regards to a job urine test. I had all ready had some beers with friends visiting from out of town, I went to sleep at 8pm, so I could get up, to give medicine for a pet, at 10 pm, I opened one beer, had that, and went back to sleep, sure I was asleep by 11:30 pm, the urine test was at...

Job App question [ 3 Answers ]

When answering the question have you ever been convicted of a felony in the past seven years and you were convicted 12 years ago can you answer no

View more questions Search