Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antukas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 02:23 AM
    Monitor going to sleep problem
    Everything works fine for about 1 or 2 hours and then my monitor goes to sleep.Also,it seems that programs(video games and such)make the monitor to go sooner to sleep.I have to wait some time to turn it back on because when I turn my PC off and restart it the "monitor going to sleep" message pops up during setup.I've tried changing the sleep settings to never but it doesn't seem to work.

If it helps my monitor is a HP w2007v and PC HP Pavilion and using Windows Vista Black Editon 2009.Oh and my Pc's Model is :a6644sc
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Have you tried another monitor? The problem may not be the monitor. The monitor going to sleep message can also occur when the monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer. Check that the computer or video card is not overheating due to fan failure or dust buildup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

No VGA Signal - Monitor Going To Sleep [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am having problems with my monitor! The PC works fine for an unspecified period but then all of a sudden the monitor will flash up the message "No VGA Input Signal" and will then go to sleep. There seems to be no way of getting the PC to wake up again once it's done this and I'm left...

Monitor going to sleep [ 1 Answers ]

In the last few weeks we have suddenly been unable to use our desktop computer at home. Every time the computer turns on a box appears on the monitor saying no VGA input and puts itself to sleep. What could the problem be and what could have caused it? Is it the monitor, cord or something else? We...

Monitor In Sleep Mode, Everything Else Running [ 5 Answers ]

Yeah, I know there's numerous threads with the same problem... That's how I found this place ;) I read through them all and didn't get anything new so I decided to post a new thread... Here's the story... I'm building a new computer for my mom, all the components are brand new from either...

View more questions Search