Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Hurricane Ties
    Look at the rafters in the Florida Room. If I installed the ties. One end would go on the rafter and the other connects to the wall. I know they have a left side and right side tie. I have 13 rafters altogether. I cannot use nails. It is solid cement. Is that the way you do it?
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
    You can nail and/or screw with concrete but you must drill a pilot hole. However, we don't know where you are, what is your exact location? I think this would suit you better. H/TSP Seismic and Hurricane Ties
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Hollywood, Florida
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Ok you do need something. California has very strict building codes and I would guess Florida does too. Call your local building inpector and ask what he would accept if this were new construction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pounds/Hurricane winds [ 10 Answers ]

I have a shed which I need to anchor down. I found a kit which states you would need 1500 pounds of force for the object it is holding down to move. What does 1500 pounds of force equal per MPH?

Hurricane alert [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have been worded I guees or I saw it. But I live in South Carolina and I have heard that there was a hurricane happening right now I do not live on the coast I live in a small town called wagener. Would the hurricane or tropical storm hit us. And we have been getting a lot of extreme weather...

Hurricane Katrine [ 7 Answers ]

I can't find anywhere that tells me when hurricane Katrina ended.. does anyone know? Thanks

Hurricane [ 1 Answers ]

Who names these hurricanes, why most of them have hispanic names, I think the last one called john,rite?

View more questions Search