Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rexandkarl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 06:57 AM
    My guinea pig is lying to only one side and I'm worried?
    My guineapig rex(aged 1 year) lives with his friend karl (also aged 1 year)oh and yes my baby brother chose the names imaginativ right? They live in the same cage but latley my guineapig rex has become lazy and now he is only sleeping on one side he cannot walk and had crusty eyes also watery and slighty bloody poo. I'm going to the vets today and only today he has been lying on one side and not moving anywhere else, this morning I thought he had broken a leg if he fell from the small platform they have in their cage (although there is about a 2 inch drop) but now his whole right side isn't moving and he is breathing very quickly making small squeaking sounds? Can anyone tell me why? And I am about to take him to the vet but I need some more caring advice like if I need to keep him warm? PLEASE HELP! Ty
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 16, 2012, 11:20 PM
    I hope you made it to the vet because it sounds like your pet is not well - he needs medical care. Write back on how he is doing.
    Ela2219 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
    :( I am so sorry the same symptoms happened for a week to my guinea pig then she died. Before their deaths they get lazy and just lay there until there time comes. They know. Crusty eyes, bloody poop, sleeping on one side, same thing with mine. 20 minutes before the vets appointment she died! I still cry... she was only 1 and a half sometimes they die young
    heather_feather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2013, 09:21 AM
    He probably has an upper respiratory problem. My piggie was just the same but it was too late, we didn't bring him to the vet in time.
    Take Care,
    Piggie Lover

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea Pig [ 3 Answers ]

Yeh I had 2 male guinea pigs and 1 died they were just over 1 and I'm not sure what to do because I no the other 1 s v.lonely someone said I should have it put down I'm not sure if I buy a new one would they fight?

I want a Guinea Pig, but my mom won't let me [ 8 Answers ]

So lately I have wanted a Guinea Pig. I have emailed so many people and made some may phone calls. So today I had gotten an email about a dad and a baby Guinea Pig. I asked my mom and she got all pissed off. She said, "Amanda, you will have to take a lot of responsiblite, you have to feed it,...

Possible ringworm in guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what over the counter medication can be used for a guinea pig with possible ringworm? Thanks

View more questions Search