Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelsch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 04:02 PM
    My Dryer will no longer heat
    My Dryer is only about 5 years old. It still tumbles and air is on but there is no heat. Any ideas of the problem?:(
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 19, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Broken heater element. Not that big of a deal to replace in most units. You need to run a continuity test on the element to see if it is broken. No continuty means that it is broken somewhere along the line. It kind of works like a light bulb filament and has to have a continuos loop to get hot. That only applies if it is an electric dryer. If it has continuity then likley you have a timer issue...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dryer help / No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 80 series Super capacity plus dryer. Model# 77832791 77832 that is not heating. Sounds like after it runs for about 30 seconds that it is trying to fire up but then doesn't. I consider myself to be handy and could probably fix it with some help. Any idea where I should start? Does...

Heat Will No Longer Respond To Thermostat! [ 5 Answers ]

Well, we moved into this mobile home about 3 weeks ago. We have our a/c and oil heat connected to one thermostat. It was all working fine up until a few days ago. All of a sudden, the heat would not shut off at all. Eventually it got up to 90 degrees in here and I just opened the door to the...

Hotpoint gas dryer won't heat up! [ 2 Answers ]

undefinedundefined I replaced the igniter on my gas dryer as it was crumbling anyway. That was my first thought as to why my dryer may not be heating up. Guess what, that wasn't the problem. The dryer just quit heating all of the sudden and as I said I thought the igniter may be the problem. As we...

View more questions Search