Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joyfulcam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Hooking air conditioner to furnace have white wire and red wire
    I have an old furnace Bryant 395BAW048080 that had the board replaced and the person who replaced it did not hook the airconditioner up. My air conditioner has only 2 wires red and white. I want to know how to hook it up. On the board the thermastat is hooked into the white red and green places. Help it will soon be hot and I can't seem to get hold of the person
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
    One of the wires go to C on the board
    And the other goes to Y on the board with the Y from the stat.
    cookbart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 03:00 PM
    I have exactly the same situation but I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 which is made by Bryant and 2 wires from my ac which are red and white

On the Furnace Board I have the following inputs on the board

G
    Com 24
    W
    Y
    R

There is no C unless it is the Com 24

1.Where does the White wire attach to on the Board?
    2. Where does the Red wire attach to on the Board?

I already have a white wire attached to the Y on the Board

I have 4 wires attached to Thermostat
    1. Red to G
    2. Thin White to Y
    3. Thick White to W
    4. Thick Black to RH with a jumper wire between RH and RC
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 06:59 PM
    The y at the board should have 2 wires on it 1 from the outside unit and the y from the stat. The other wire from the outside unit should go to common in your case it is the com24.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain which wire is ground wire when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire [ 5 Answers ]

Explain which wire is ground when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

How to wire a 2 wire forced air furnace with TH and TR connections [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1961 Gaffers and Sattler furnace, model #90 FEF. The gas valve was not hooked up when we bought the home. The gas company was called and I was told that the gas valve needed to be replaced. I replaced it with a Robertshaw 7000 ERLC gas Valve. I also replaced the transformer. It has a 24V...

Air conditioner common wire [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a digital thermostat. The common wire does not seem to work. How can I get it to work?

Hooking up an older 2 wire T87F to Rheem air handler [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Some Background: I have a Rheem heat pump air handler that used to be in my house and now I'm trying to install it in my shop. I removed the A/C coils and disconnected one of the heat strips. All that is left is a blower and 9.6kw heating strip. I was going to use the Rheem thermostat but I...

View more questions Search