Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madonna2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
    Should I confront my son's dad about..
    My son's dad and I do not have a good relationship. He cheated many times while we were together and lies about everything, including important things that have to with our son(like where he takes him, who he is with, etc). We live in different cities, have a custody agreement, and his dad refuses to ever introduce me to his girlfriends that spend time with my son. Ourson is 5. Recently, his girlfriend who I never met contacted me and told me not only does my sons dad tell my son to lie to me, but that she found pictures and texts in his phone of his getting oral sex from a man he met from sexual encounters section of craigslist. I am not homophobic, but I find this information disturbing because I worry about his judgement and who he has around my son. If he wanted to have a relationship with a man and be open about it that's one thing, but to be having sex with random strangers off the internet scares me and I'm just shocked getting this information about his dad. I always felt he may be a sex addict. What do I do with this information and should I be worried?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
    I'm sorry, but I actually don't think that it is any of your business. You are intruding into his life in a way that is inapprpriate and bordering on harassment. Why should he have to introduce you to a girlfriend, or to the people he visits? Do you give him an accounting of where your son is and who he encounters when he is with you? A court found him competent to make choices for your son during his visitation period. If you have evidence that he is not doing that, take it back to court and ask that the visitation be supervised or limited. I am not seeing a reason for a court to do so based on what you provided here.

As long as he isn't exposing your son to inappropriate behavior, or placing him into harmful situations, who he has sex with is his decision. Who he visits when he has his son is also his decision. I would open a dialouge with him and your son so you all have a clear understanding of what is appropriate and what is not, and that you son knows what things he needs to discuss with an adult, but other than that, leave him alone. His behavior may be uncomfortable, but isn't illegal or even bad parenting. (Again going off what you have shared here).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by madonna2006 View Post
    ... Recently, his girlfriend who I never met contacted me and told me not only does my sons dad tell my son to lie to me, but that she found pictures and texts in his phone of his getting oral sex from a man he met from sexual encounters section of craigslist

If you can prove he is a danger to your son - and I'm not seeing that - go back to Court and get the visitation order changed. Proof is going to be the problem.

I'd be MORE concerned that the current girlfriend is contacting you to discuss your mutual or otherwise concerns about your ex and her current boyfriend. Very strange, indeed.

Otherwise it would be "nice" if you met the women he brings into your son's life. Unfortunately, that decision is in his hands.

He's the father of your child. No matter how estranged you are from each other aren't you united in what is best for your child? What would I do? I'd meet with the father, tell him what you THINK you've learned and ask him straight out what's going on.

I see the girlfriend as a troublemaker - for whatever reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When and how I can change my son's lastname to His Dad? [ 2 Answers ]

Were both in a good relationship but we are in "long distance relationship". He's in the Philippines and our baby and I are here in the you.S. I gave birth here too. . my son is 1 year old this coming November.. We're here because of petitioned.. And I believethat the future is here.Sadly, were in...

Need to find my son's dad [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't seen my son's dad since he was a few days old, my son is now three, and I need to find his dad because he will be starting school soon, and I want him to be a part of that experience with me, I don't know what to do I reall need his help .

Dad trying to come in my son's life now. [ 4 Answers ]

Okay... basically, my son is 19 months old. His dad has only seen him a handful of times for a few minutes here and there. He has never given any childsupport. He has never has a relationship with my son, only with me and the only reason he ever saw him was so he could see me. He however has not...

Can my son's dad take my son away if he's not on the birth cerificate? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi... I have a 7 year old son. We recently moved from Phoenix to California. His dad hasn't really been a huge part in his life. He pretty much only came around when it was "convenient" for him. Now he has a pregnant girlfriend and they are saying that they are going to take custody of my son from...

View more questions Search