Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 13, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Proposed Georgia miscarriage death penalty bill
    I heard today that a Republican congressman from Georgia introduced a bill to propose the death penalty or life in prison for women who have a miscarriage unless she can prove that it was not her fault! The bill would also ban abortion with no exceptions. Seriously is this for real, just when you think right-wing politicians in America can't get any more ridiculous, you hear stuff like this. I lean Conservative, but I sure don't agree with nonsense like this. I thought abortion and birth control were settled decades ago so why won't these issues go away? These idiot politicians should be focusing on important issues like the economy, deficits, national security and the environment.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Have you a link to the law?

It's next to impossible to say what causes a miscarriage, how on earth can anyone prove that you did or did not cause it?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 07:32 PM
    The over the top bill in question didn't go anywhere, was from last year, and the man is dead.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
    There are 1000's of silly laws that are entered every year, most are just done to make a statement and never really planned on passing. Often done in response to some other silly law entered by someone from the other political party.

GA does have laws that punish someone if they cause a women to miscarriage.
    hellokitty_2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Wow are you for real...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
    Agree with Fr Chuck. Enough laws get proposed every year to solve Trenton's toilet paper crisis .

Government Gridlock Leads To Toilet Paper Shortage In Trenton CBS Philly
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 04:56 PM
    I forget what it was exactly but there was a big and somewhat serious fight in GA about having a license plate with the term "In God we trust" or something like that. It was just to be a optional plate, not a required plate. I bet they spent millions of dollars fighting this both sides.

The amount of silly laws they try to pass get worst and worst.

But the issue in GA they don't really need that bill, since he fetus is considered a life except for legal abortion. If anyone would cause harm to the mother, hit her, car wreck, shoot and so on, then they can charge the person with man slaughter.
    A women on the road driving to an abortion clinic, can have a car wreck and the baby dies, the driver causing the wreck can be charged.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
    My own position is that for every law passed ,another one should be repealed . Also every law should have an expiration date. Legislators would spend so much time renewing old laws they wouldn't have time to pass new ones.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Abortion was never "settled" its been changing ever since it started. Roe v Wade has nothing to do with the modern world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Penalty [ 65 Answers ]

Hello: Ohio is looking into backup procedures in case the standard execution techniques fail, as they did on Sept. 15, when technicians at the state prison in Lucasville tried for over two hours to maintain an intravenous connection in order to inject Romell Broom with lethal drugs for the...

Death penalty [ 7 Answers ]

Well I have a essay due tomorrow and its only five paragrapgs I'm not asking you for an answer but... I need help... It is about death penalty and I think their should be... My three reason are... 1. it saves us space and money 2. it brings colsure to the victims family 3. and it's a...

The death penalty [ 2 Answers ]

I was just watching one of those court shows and they were talking about the death penalty. I live in Canada where that is not done, but I just wanted to know what you people think about it.

The death penalty [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me come up with a good thesis statement concerning the death penalty?

View more questions Search