Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Dire need of psychiatrist
    I moved to CA from MA where getting a doctor was as simple as going into the office with your MassHealth card. I really wish I could say the same for CA

I have medicare through SSDI and I also have Medical. The furthest I have gotten to getting a new doctor is the countless un-returned voicemails I have left. Half of the numbers I got from calling MediCare directly were for doctors no longer in practice or wrong numbers.

I REALLY REALLY need a new psychiatrist and the frustration from the difficulties I am having finding one is making this worse.

Can someone please help me? Even if it is just a little advice. I'm really suffering.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
    The best thing you can do right now is to go to any M.D. and ask if they can re-fill your meds if you are taking them - until you find a Psychiatrist that can start working with you. It is such a shame that Medi-Cal does not have a list of Psychiatrists that accept Medi-Cal.

Write back as to what city you live in and I will see what information I can get for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2012, 07:23 AM
    And the other 1/2 that was not wrong numbers, why are you not seeing one of them?

Mar 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
    Sorry it took so long to respond. Sometimes I forget I posted.

I live in Roseville. CA (Placer county) but I FINALLY think I found a place. They seem to specialize in what I am looking for. It amazes me how hard it was to find such a place though. They accept medicare/medi-cal but they have an application process.

As for the other half of the numbers, they were numbers that I had to leave voicemails on because they were too busy to answer. Some of them did get back to me, however, but they were not PsychIATRISTS and therefore could not prescribe me meds.

Not: I was going to provide a link to that place I found, but now I am unable to find it again. If I do, I will post it for anyone else that is in my situation and in my area.

Mar 21, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Here is a link to the place I found:

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-benjamin-yu-ymr54/office-locations
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
    I'm glad to hear you found a place. I hope it works out for you. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

On My Own again,in dire need of guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been dating the same girl for 4 years, and I got over it (was very hard) but now I want to move on. I feel like I forgot everything about girls, and I'm kind of shy, for instance, my asked me out because she mistaked my shyness for being cocky and not having much interest in her. Now, I need...

I'm in dire need of assitance. Ex emailed! [ 131 Answers ]

Ladies and Gents, Ok here's the lowdown. I dated a girl for two years. We lived together and we had a great relationship for the first year. Then she went on a family trip with the women of her family a couple weeks after our one year anniversary. During that trip she met some guy who she...

In Dire Straights with this hair! [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Recently , I was a bleach blonde. Though I made the fatel mistake of over-bleaching it, and now it's like straw. I know I have to replenish it, with deep conditioner/formulas and the like. Then I did something once again stupid, I dyed it red.:rolleyes: So now I have this...

In dire need of you help here from all of my fellow members [ 12 Answers ]

Is there a way to get a list of Child Physiatrist in New Jersey and if possible a listing of what they deal with, my daughter and I have been every where, most of them are quack, switching medications and messing around her diagnoses none really helping us, only making her feel worse. I want the...

View more questions Search