Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rangergator65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Violation of probation
    I failed my urin test for the 2nd time. Is it natural that they ask for jail time? They want to give me 60 days or 30 in work release. It just seems that it would be after 3 when you get jail time? Is there anything I can do to avoid jail time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Actually it seems it would be after the first time, not the second,

You had a chance, you were warned and failed to correct.

You are causing it, so why are you compalining,
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Hello ranger:

Look, I like my drugs just as well as anybody. But there's a time and a place for everything. Being on probation isn't a time to get loaded. That's just my opinion.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Yes, there is something you can do to avoid jail time - keep your ua's clean. Keeping clean is a term of probation. I would take the 30 days in work release and chalk it up learning.
    rangergator65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    actually it seems it would be after the first time, not the second,

You had a chance, you were warned and failed to correct.

You are causing it, so why are you compalining,
    I am not complaining I simply had a question. It was a horrible decision I made. I have learned and I am ready to accept my consequences. It is time for me to move on in my life and put this all behind me.
    imisshim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Well it seems your getting off easy my boyfriend fialed a urine test (VOP) violation of probation for the second time and the states offered him five years or long term drug and rehab program we will see what happen soon I hope it less then any of this but just fly striaght maybe you should ask for rehab not saying you have a problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My husband was arrested two weeks ago when he went to see his probation officer because of a failed drug test. He was arrested on the spot and has been in jail every since. I talked to his PO and he said he would ask judge to reinstate and send him for rehab. He also said it could take a...

Probation Violation [ 10 Answers ]

I am a probation violator in the State of Virginia... Will my probation officer look out of state for me if he has a brother or sister address... I have a lot of time over my head but non violent charges.. What will they more than likely do when it comes to looking for me?

Probation Violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

I was doing well on probation for drug sales.Made it to mail in,had to report every third month.Got in trouble with CPS.failed a drug test with CPS.When time to report to PO.I got scared because of failed test with CPS.It's been 5 months since contact with PO of any kind.What am I looking at,and...

View more questions Search