Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Mar 13, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Can a business leave bad credit without warning ?
    I would like to know if a business can leave bad remarks on a consumer's credit report without proper warning. For example, if there is a dispute regarding a bill, is there a law that says that the business should first warn the consumer that if this bill is not paid within a certain period, the business would report the consumer as delinquent ?
    If the consumer does not receive such warning in writing, and the business leaves these derogatory remarks anyway, does this make the business liable for breaking the law ? Thank you.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2012, 09:58 AM
    I do not believe that they have to warn you. They do, however have to remove the information if you dispute it and it is not substantiated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting business with bad credit [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to start a small business (rib & beer) take out place, but I don't know how to start and I have bad credit. :confused:

Where to find a small business loan with bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My Husband and I recently decided to go back into the Auto Body Repair business. He has been doing this for 30 years, he also has had 2 shops in the past that he rented the buildings, he has several used car lots he does business with and several customers. Here is our problem, the building...

Start a business with bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

How can I start a business with bad credit:)

Starting business with bad credit [ 6 Answers ]

I know what type of businees to begin, which is a great need in the community. But where could I turn to for funding purposes especially if you have bad credit?

Bad business Credit [ 1 Answers ]

I Currently Own A Business With Mounting Debt. The Debt Is On Business Credit Cards. I Have Very Good Personal Credit. If I Do Not Pay A Creditor In My Business Will It Effect My Personal Credit. When I Run My Personal Credit, The Business Credit Does Not Show Up. Can The Creditors Come After Me...

View more questions Search