Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xzaxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 03:51 AM
    Giftedness in a teen?
    Hey. I was just wondering is it possible to identify giftedness as late as at 15 y.o? Or would the person in question simply be a fast-paced learner? There are extremely few gifted programs and on a limited scale where I live, so I'm wondering whether my 15 year old daughter may be gifted and simply wasn't identified earlier. Please help me...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 04:52 AM
    Don't think there is an age limit under l8 for gifted kids. There is a lot of websites on Google and resources for testing gifted kids. Just Google 'testing for gifted kids' and good luck ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 13, 2012, 04:52 AM
    Gifted is an overrated and oversimplified term. It simply means showing talent or learning earlier than most at a given age. Many gifted children grow up to be quite ordinary, and many say they wish they hadn't had expectations and hopes heaped on them. If your daughter is bored with her classes but spends a lot of time studying and reading outside of her assigned work, then yes, tell the school about it and ask for more advanced classes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen help! [ 12 Answers ]

OK so I met this guy when I was twelve and he was 15 so I thought he was cute and all.so one time I got his attention and I asked his name he told me and we talked.afterwards we were good friends so we started hanging out at the basketball court him and my other sis and his little bro so after two...

How to be a better teen. [ 3 Answers ]

How can I be a better teen? :confused: and not be bad with my parents? my parents are divored since I was little... and I live with my mom and I want to be a better teen..

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search