Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnewton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
    Red color disappeared from my monitor, why?
    I have an Acer lcd monitor connected to a desktop computer. I don't used this monitor and computer much because I have other computers. The monitor used to display very rich and nice colors until a few days ago when I turned it on everything looked gloomy and strange. I turned the computer off. Today I turned it on again and everything still looked gloomy and strange. I realized it was because the color red had disappeared. There are only black, grey, yellowish green and pale blue left. I couldn't figure out what caused it. So I searched online for an answer. I saw other people had experienced similar problems. There are answers too. But I don't understand them. I wish someone would give me a simpler and more direct solution.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2012, 11:51 PM
    Time to replace the monitor. There are three colours used to display on an older monitor and as they age one part may loose definition so the screen starts to display more green if red is lost and so on until the display becomes dimmer and unclear. Best to cut your losses and buy a new monitor
    dnewton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 07:21 AM
    The monitor is a almost brand new. Hardly used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

How to remove red hair color, return to blonde color [ 6 Answers ]

I have been having my hair processed for years (naturally a dark ugly blonde). I recently went red, I look like a clown and want the red moved. Can I do this myself without my hair breaking off?

Color problem with monitor [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've a Samtron monitor where only the RED color is not appearing, all others are working fine. I've tested the graphics card but unfortunately not solved, than I've changed the monitor with another new system and found the same problem persists. Please help.

Red color disappear with new LCD monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought a new LCD Monitor "Acer AL1916W", After connect to my computer, the monitor color showed weird , especially, red color was gone, only yellow, black and blue were still there. Connecting cable is correctly connected. My installed display card is NVIDIA GFORCE 2MX / MX400 ...

View more questions Search