Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iceberg1002 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
    I need help with my homework
    If a head on automobile collision,a person momentum could be reduced from 2000kgm/s to zero in just 0.1s . If this occurs the average force exerted to stop the person is

1.200 N
    2.2000 N
    3. 20,000 N
    4. can't answer without knowing the person name.
    Here is my answer 200*0.1s equals to 200N am I'm right
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 11:35 AM
    Not quite right. From principles of impulse and momentumm:

Here you have t = 0.1s and = 200 Kg m/s. Solve for F.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homework help. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working on this homework assignment for a week now. I am having a hard time figuring out these last few problems. Any help at all will be appreciated. This review problem is going to help me study for my upcoming test. In advance Thanks for the help. 1. In an effort to...

Homework language homework [ 1 Answers ]

You see well I have this homeworkassighmentthat isdo first thing in the morning so all I ask is that you write down some words in azorean langugauge! Words: Pencil Sharpener Paper Crayon Pen Binder

More homework [ 4 Answers ]

Several years ago, Castles in the Sand, Inc. issued bonds at face value at a yield to maturity of 7 percent. Now, with 8 years left until the maturity of the bonds, the company has run into hard times and the yield to maturity on the bonds has increased to 15 percent. What has happened to the price...

Homework Help [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about solving the following problems: Use laws of exponents to simplify: 5^3/5 * 5^5/10 Multiply (w-g) (w+g) (w^2-g^2)

View more questions Search