Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghost2927 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2007, 01:46 PM
    going crazy
    I am going crazy Iam currently on effxor but do not take it currently for depression. My exgirlfriend and I just split after three years and she is taking me for support and wants arreas from the last three years even though I was there the last three years.

I can not get a job and am to the point where I want to hurt my x before I will pay her. I don't not mind paying support but not arrears when I was there for him.

Iam a bit over weight 45lbs to be exact Iam tall so it doesn't show too much but every singel day my mom calls me a fat pig, tells me to get a bra and this morning she walked into my room and first thing she said is you're a worthless human being. And I am getting tired of it I am to the point where I think about hurting these people to stop them and get even

I have not been the perfect son or boyfriend I asked my mom to stop calling me fat and so on but she says calling names is hope I will lose weight. But I am just getting madder and madder.

My x and a new man around my son 3 days after the split I could not imagine doing that.

I have a support hearing on the 16th Of march and guess what she gets a free lawyer so I contacted the legal aid service that domestic relations referred to me and the legal aid denied me and say they only help plaintiffs not defendants how is that right.

I am just getting angry and more angry day by day I will b taken to the cleaners with out help and I am to the point I want to hurt these people because I can't get a fair shake in anything.

I can't get a job because of my past I have been hired by at least 20 good paying jobs and as soon as my back groundcheck comes back its no go.

Iam just so mad and angry I want to see my son but not with other men around and I just wish people would give me a fair shake. Iam afraid of what I might do I sit and think about it for hours and I don't want to throw my life away even though it already seems like I have nothing to loose.
    Please help with any advice
    Jam43 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Hello, I'm not a counselor, and you are not going crazy. At this time in your life you are just down own you luck. I would recommend counseling to help you through this trying time in your life. There are some good counselors out there who can help you get back on track and help you through this difficult time. Check with you local hospital or Mental Health office about free counseling. Just explain that you are not employed at this time and maybe they can work something out. As far as hurting other people; that is not the way to handle your pain. You do not want your son to think of you as a criminal. Talk to lawyers about what is the best way to handle the situation about you son. Explain to them you are trying to find employment. It is better to make the effort than not to make one at all. Sounds like you mom does not know how to be supportive; so just don't listen to her negative thoughts. They are just words they don't mean anything . Remember, to get through this time in your life you have to take the first step, and take responsibly for yourself.
    Brigette Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Dear Ghost--

Number one, although you aren't taking effexor for depression, it sounds like you are depressed. I suggest you talk to the physician prescribing you effexor and let him know how angry and overwhlemed you are. The effexor should be doing more work that what it sounds like its doing, so maybe a second depressant is in order. Many times antidepressants work differently and effexor might not be the right medication to be helping you with your depression.

Number two, remember that the most important job you have as a father is a role model. Although the situation is horrible, your son needs a father who is strong and available.

Number three, if you were in fact living with your son for the last three years, I would take documentation to court that proves you were residing in the home with him. Examples being mail, lease document and or any checks you signed showing you paid any of the bills.

I would suggest calling your community health clinic and ask them for ideas and support to get through your employment and divorce situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

Everything is going so crazy.. What to do? [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I am pose to start my period tomm. Jan 3 but I started tonight.. I have been having a lot of signs of pregnancy but being sick.. but the past couple of days I have just been feeling REALLY sick to my tummy.. but I can't seem to vommitt... my period so far is kind of normal.. besides the...

They Think I am crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

Everyone I ask thinks I am nuts. I remember a movie called don't be afraid of the dark, maybe from the 70's-or even earlier. About these little deamons who try to drag people to the death down a fireplace that was once briked up. Is this a movie?:eek:

Do you think I'm crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

Now this is how my story goes I've known this guy for a year now and we've been friends,very close friends ever since but last November we started getting real close I thot it waz 4 good maybe we culd date but it never happened we talk till d early hrs of the mornin and go to d same college still I...

View more questions Search