Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamaira1213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Methadone withdraw
    My friend was detoxing from herion with 30 mg of methadone. He stopped taking METHADONE WITHOUT A DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION, and is now experiencing withdraws such as sweating. Should he continue taking 30MG, or lower the doseage?
    libby 2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamaira1213
    my friend was detoxing from herion with 30 mg of methadone. he stopped taking METHADONE WITHOUT A DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION, and is now experiencing withdraws such as sweating. should he continue taking 30MG, or lower the doseage?
    I been on the methadone program for a few years. What worked for me was seeing my prescribing doctor desribing how I was feeling then the doc would help in advising a suitable dose. Lowering dose comes with being ready mentally and physically. I only just recently cut down cause I feel confident I won't go back to heroin use. Hey everyone different.
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 9, 2007, 03:50 AM
    If your friend wants to get off methadone it should be done in a controlled way with medical supervision. Remind you friend he is not a doctor and should not lower his own dose no matter how strong he feels about quitting! I tried to get off drugs alone and it doesn't work, addicts need help and support. I'm glad he has you as a friend that cares about him this is very important for the recovering addict.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Methadone [ 21 Answers ]

I am currently under doctors care by being prescribed methadone. I understand that it is a long process in getting well by taking and getting off the methadone... 1. I was on heroin and tried all methods in getting off, but was methadone a right choice?. 2. Is there a percentage off people that...

I know a methadone user, and have a ? [ 6 Answers ]

I know someone who takes methadone and takes like 2 or 3 a day, everyday sometimes every other day, and about once a week vomits violently... will this person be OK, or is there a risk involved.. this person has been taking methadone for a long long time

401k Early withdraw hardship [ 1 Answers ]

I had to take 17k for a hardship withdraw on my 401k. Will I have to pay federal taxes on this?

Beginning new business - Withdraw 401? [ 4 Answers ]

I am considering opening own consulting business. Should I consider pulling money from my 401 plan for start up cost? I am 44yr and have about 40,000 in my 401 Thanks in advance!

Procedure to withdraw 401k money [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was employed with an american firm till the end of September 2006. I am no longer living in the US. I want to withdraw my entire 401 K amount early next year. What is the procedure to withdraw the money ? There is a tax penalty of 10%... when I receive the amount, will it be the...

View more questions Search