Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gyanmusic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
    Team Discipline
    Hi there,

I am working as delivery manager in one of the IT organization. Few members in my team have developed habit to come late to the office or being on leave without informing in advance. Could anybody help me to understand how to deal with such situations effectively.

Regads
    Gyan
    Rachelrang Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2012, 11:22 PM
    You're the manager right? Threaten to fire them. That should straiten them out
    gyanmusic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelrang View Post
    Your the manager right? Threaten to fire them. That should straiten them out
    Thanks Rachelrang. But this is not the choice for me and I don't think it is an effective way to handle any team.
    Rachelrang Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
    Sit them down for 'campfire' and discuss what's going on and what needs to change. If you discuss thing you all might become closer and work better together as well as they might start showing up on time or leaving before they should
    ramtest2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
    I often find that in such situations you simply have to remind them of hours required and if they don't understand or not willing to comply, then you have lay out what that means to the team, their performance, and company performance. In other words, I think you need to translate what the problem of coming in late means everyone. If they are not willing to get on-board with, then you have a bigger problem - which might require some reshuffling. But I think a rational and logical explanation of why coming in late impacts everyone's ability to perform well, might be enough to get them on track.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discipline [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old daughter who we are having a hard time with. She is a talker. Not just any kind of talker, but the kind that NEVER stops. It interferes in everything she does. Other kids are turned off by her because she never stops. She has something to say ALL of the time and about...

Questionnaires on discipline [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, What could be the YES or NO questionnaires for the topic Discipline among university students? Keywords are:- Discipline policies, rigid policies, students find it hard to follow... Hypothesis:- discipline policies in universities are considered rigid and hard to follow by...

If the probablity of a team winning any games 2/3, find the probablity that the team [ 1 Answers ]

If the probablity of a team winning any games is 2 out of 3, What is the probablity that the team would win exactly four games in a five game series

View more questions Search