Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yxzzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
    FBAR for retirement account
    Do I need to report my foreign retirement account under the foreign account report act using FBAR?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Yes.
    yxzzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Thanks!
    I am not sure if filing 8938 and FBAR is considered as participated in OVDP automatically. Are you a CPA, do you help people with this kind Tax filing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

- FBAR - Wire transfer to foreign account as loan [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a foreign account. In 2008 I lost my job and I had to borrow money from my friend to pay installments on my retirement home in the foreign country. Since the loan was payable in foreign country my friend wired the money to my foreign back account using which I paid my home. I need to...

FBAR on inheritance $ kept in a foreign account [ 2 Answers ]

My parents have an account in Hong Kong that was set up to receive the inheritance $ from my mom's parents when they passed. The account has been idle except when they visited in Hong Kong in 2003(?) and use some of the $ for spending $ while they visited. They never filed any FBAR or FORM 3520...

Closing a retirement account [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has gone on workers comp. I want to close my retirement account (5K) and we are being told I can't. I have to be 59 & 1/2 or quit to do that. Is this correct?

Retirement Account [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Before April 15th, I want to invest into an retirement account. I don't know if I should open a Roth IRA account or the new proposed Lifetime Savings Account(LSA) by president Bush. Can you please list the pros and cons of both accounts. Would I be able to withdraw from the...

View more questions Search