Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pizzazz891 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 10:14 PM
    Wanting custody of my younger sister.
    Hello my name is bianca and I wanted to get some help on getting custody for my 16 year sister that lives in New York I currently live in nj and I am 23 years of age my little sister is in the system I do not know too much information our mother is not in the picture again and my little sisiter is staying with different people... I would like some help on this situation..
    Rachelrang Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2012, 11:25 PM
    Call a lawyer and see if they can get you custody it may take a while cause of state law differences. But because you are her sister they should let you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Again, this is legally incorrect. The sister has to meet the State requirements and gets no special treatment because they are "blood." Depends on stability of older sister, financially, emotionally. It's not about "call a Lawyer." It's about making an appointment, going in, sitting down and presenting all the facts and then preparing a Petition.

Two different States are invovled here. That complicates matters somewhat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older sister wants custody of younger brother [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 25-year-old woman seeking custody of my 16-year-old brother who is out of control in my mother's care. We are technically half siblings, but I raised him. His biological father is my stepdad, who adopted me when I was 13. My parents both worked a lot and so I was left to care for my brother...

Want custody of my younger sister. [ 1 Answers ]

Im almost 19 and my sister is almost 15. She lives with her mom and our father. Ive recently come across some information that was not good. She hates living there and they treat her badly. I would like to get custody of her rather than her being sent to a foster home. I can provide for her...

Wanting custody of your sister [ 7 Answers ]

I am 17 turning 18 in march I have a job and a stabble home food in my frige.. since I was 2 years old my mom was leaving me at places and never coming home for months at a time.she did it to my sister and my brother.I don't know how many places I have lived through out my life.I have bin to faster...

View more questions Search