Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livgrace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 09:00 PM
    Do I have stress fractures again or is it just some pain and shin splints?
    So about 5 months ago I had stress fractures in both shins(worse in the right leg)from XCountry. I was on crutches for about 3 weeks and then haven't ran on it until about 5-6 weeks ago. I worked myself up to running, doing only a couple laps and walking then growing to miles. Know I am doing track and I can feel little pain when I run but when I touch the shin in my right leg it really hurts (almost like a bruise and it is in one spot). So is it a stress fracture again? Or should I just not worry about it?

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have stress fractures again or is it just some pain and shin splints? [ 0 Answers ]

So about 5 months ago I had stress fractures in both shins(worse in the right leg)from XCountry. I was on crutches for about 3 weeks and then haven't ran on it until about 5-6 weeks ago. I worked myself up to running, doing only a couple laps and walking then growing to miles. Know I am doing...

How do you know if you have a stress fracture or just shin splints? [ 3 Answers ]

To Anyone who has a clue about running injuries Last week I was running an interval workout when my calf began to tighten up. I have had a stress fracture before, but this did not feel anything like that. The pain is purely in the muscel and I do not have any tender spots throughout my tibia...

Shin splints or tight calf muscles? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been going to the gym for the last 5 months and have lost 7 kilo's. I recently started running on the treadmill (about a month ago), and now I have pain in my legs. The pain is so bad at times that I can't even walk up or down stairs. It is like a stabbing pain which runs right up the middle...

Shin splints? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if I have a stress fracture in my leg or just have shin splints?

Preventing Shin Splints [ 5 Answers ]

My avatar might have already given it away, but I like to Irish dance. I stretch, warm up, then stretch again before practicing, but I still get painful shin splints. The area on the inside right along my shin bone hurts really badly after I work out for 30 minutes. I can't seem to isolate...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.