Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdstyles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Comfortmaker gas furnace?
    I have an n8mpn gas furnace. It will completely shut off. There is no power going to the circuit board. We had a service tech to come out and check it. He diagnosed it as being the safety switch for the door access. He made a jumper for it to bypass the safety switch. That was Friday and by Sunday it did it again. It will work when we turn it back on but continues to cut off. Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks
    Kevin
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2012, 07:06 AM
    It sounds like the high limit switch is kicking it off due to poor air flow, dirty coils and blower, or dirty filter.
    mechcon Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 03:50 PM
    Hi is the jumper that the tech put in still intact. when the furnace goes off were does the power stop at board, door switch,on off switch on furnace or breaker.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2012, 05:53 AM
    It does not seem that an open door safety would do this, but anything is possible. The fan/limit switch is usually in a rectangular box attached to the heat exchanger. To test it wait until it kicks off and read between the two terminals on the limit side (usually the right side). If you get voltage it's open and that's what is tripped. I don't understand why the technician did not fix the problem. Something does not sound right about this. I don't believe he knew what he was supposed to do because it should be a very simple problem and fix, but it's hard to get good technicians today.
    floydghenderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
    Can someone help me to light the pilot light on my comfortmaker furnace? I do not know how and it seems to be a little different from those I pulled up on YouTube. This one has the red button of course, the knob for pilot, on and off. Below that there are 2 pipe like things that are facing two holes where there should be flames once lit. On the wall, there are two switches like light switches for power I am assuming. I have turned the pipe valve to perpendicular position (off) until I get it lit again. Do I need to use an external flame or is it electric/automatic.. I don't know, I need some help, please anyone that knows this type of heater.
    Thank you.
    Floyd
    [email protected]
    Sooner the better, it is cold!
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2013, 10:32 PM
    Try turning it to pilot and pressing red button and then lighting it. If it has no "pilot" position on valve, just "on" and "off" then all you need to do is to turn it to "on" and set it to call for heat and it will light automatically. If it has a flame rod to prove flame then it may need cleaning with some very fine sandpaper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comfortmaker central gas heater [ 0 Answers ]

I can hear the gas flowing but pilot will not light when I put thermostat to 90. What could be the cause of this?

Comfortmaker gas furnace: LOTS of fan, no flame. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker gas furnace from 2001. Model N9MP1050B12A1. Type FSP. Yesterday morning I noticed the fan didn't stop shortly after the usual heat cycle. I went out to the garage to investigate, & found what I'll call the PVC water outlet line frozen thanks to our new Arctic reality in N.C....

Comfortmaker RPJ II (2) gas furnace short cycling during idle [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker RPJ II (Enviro plus 90) gas furnace connected to a programmable thermostat that works and cycles on and off fine when inside temp is lower than set target temp - exhaust blower cuts on, pressure switch engages, igniter glows, valve opens, pilot lights, valve opens, jets...

Comfortmaker gas furnace will not ignite. [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace was working yesterday and we did not turn it off, but it will not function today. I know there is electrical power at the unit; that there is gas supply; the filter is new; the inducer motor comes on when the thermostat is adjusted;but no flame appears. The inducer motor will remain...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

View more questions Search