Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SneakyPete2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Long Distance Relationship Help.
    My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 5 years. In 2011 I moved across the country to attended a school while she stayed back home to finish her schooling and work. Before I moved(only a few months before) we had an issue with her "liking" some guy and she lied about a few things about that situation. I thought everything was okay when I moved across the country but when she came to visit me a few months later I read text messages on her phone only 4 days after I left that I did not like. She admitted that she was wrong and it would not happen again.

So here we are now, she recently has become friends with a new co-worker. She plays online games with him late into the night as well as receiving text messages late at night(1-2am). When she tells me she is going out with her girl friend, this guy also happens to show up. I have asked her if has any feelings at all towards this guy and she told me, that she doesn't. She says that he is fun to talk to and that they have a lot in common, like music, movies and video games. She has only known this guy for about 3 months and she is already good friends with him.

I feel like there is something more going on. I need advice on this situation and ideas on what I should do please.
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Mar 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
    I have been constantly told that long distance relationships never work,, u start doubting the other person, even though therez nothing going wrong.
    Based on what you have mentioned, I can't really say whether she is cheating on you or not, but you are losing your trust on her and that will just lead to more doubts.
    You either have to break up with her and move on, or you have to start trusting her. I suggest you talk to her,accompany her while she goes out to meet her friends, make friends with her co-worker... try to understand her. If then you feel she is cheating on you, then m sorry, its time to move on,,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
    You either trust her or you don't, and there is no point in being with someone you don't trust, whether you have evidence that scares you, or not. I mean is she never to have guy friends? That's the problem with LDR's, little things can get blown up to be bigger things. Or big things can look huge, when you aren't there.

I just don't believe you have to tell someone how to conduct themselves when you are not there. I mean she has reassured you, so what is she supposed to do next? You have access to her phone and she hasn't hidden anything, so until this gets more involved, don't worry about what ifs. Don't over react.
    cara731 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
    She only "admitted" to the first guy after you caught her which tells me she didn't care enough to be honest. Immature!! I have been there, understand the situation all too well. She is keeping you around maybe because she can travel to go see you and it's fun, she does have 'some' feelings for you but certainly does not love you if she was doing something wrong with the first guy and is hanging around with this new guy this often. Understable to have 'male' friends but if something happened in the past that hurt you, TRUST ME, walk away now. Your probably driving yourself nuts and not allowing for oppportunities to come your way holding on to her. This will not last forever, you'll see!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance relationship [ 8 Answers ]

Hi people, I am here with great hopes and prayers for some useful tips. I have known a girl for the last almost 4 years as an online friend until last month when I proposed to her and the very next month she came down to our country... and in the meantime she called to her place and I spent 5...

Long distance relationship? [ 45 Answers ]

Do long distance relationships ever work. We both really love each other. We met over the internet and ave only met once so far vut he's coming again next week. But after that I won't see him for ages. The problem is I miss him everyday and its hard not seeing him. I know he wants to give it ago...

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people . I am going to share with you a long distance relationship story , I have not been able to understand what happened. So I hope you guys understand. I met this girl on fbook , a very lively girl ,she was from argentina and I am from pakistan , we became very good friends , I don't...

Long Distance Relationship! [ 280 Answers ]

Entire story merged He lives 2000 miles away and I miss him so much! :( We have been together for 1year and almost 3 months and so far 9months of it has been long distance. We talk about 3times a day on the phone.($$$ :(.. lol) We have seen each other 2 times since we had to be in long...

View more questions Search