Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anar22 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Process Balance
    500 kmol\h of a liquid mixture of light alcohols containing. By moles, 40% methanol (M), 35% ethanol (E), isopropanol (IP), and 10% normal propanol (NP) is distilled in a sequence of two distillaation columns. The distillate from the first column is 98% pure (M) with a 96% recovery of (M). The distillate from the second column is 92% pure (E) with a 95% recovery of (E) from the process feed.

Assume no propanols in the distillate from column C1, no (M) in the bottoms from column C2, and no normal propanol in the distillate from column C2.
    Anar22 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
    1. By material balances, assuming negligible propanols in the distillate from the first column, compute the flow rates in kmol/h of each component in each feed, distillate, and bottoms, Draw a labeled block-flow diagram. Include the results of the material balances in a table and place the table below your block-flow diagram.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

THis chem eng process balance question is bugging me, need some help! [ 0 Answers ]

"Air is pumped at 0.1 m3/s into a vessel held at a steady 5 atm pressure; the outlet from this vessel discharges to atmosphere at 1 atm. Assuming that air behaves as a perfect gas, what are (a) the volumetric and (b) the mass flow rates of the discharge, if all values are calculated at 20°C? ...

Trial Balance and Balance Sheet are out of balance... HELP [ 0 Answers ]

I have a pretty lengthy problem but I have managed to work my way through it. I think I am missing a few steps or not doing something correctly because my Trial Balance and Balance Sheet are not in balance. Please HELP. Please email me and I will email you the document, for some reason it won't...

Process of preparation of trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

Help regarding process of preparation of trial balance

Cannot balance the balance sheet from trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to attach the trial balance information. ASSETS Current assets Cash 197,000

Speeding up the process to get proper body ph balance [ 1 Answers ]

I am following the acid/alkaline diet, and I was wondering are there any tips for speeding the process along besides eating properly that will help my body get to that I believe the correct number is 7.3 percentage like drinking pure lemon juice and maybe organic apple cider vinegar. Any tips...

View more questions Search