Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pollock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
    What time of the year do snakes come out of hybernation?
    I live in South Carolina and I have kids that like to play near the woods. So far we have only incountered a green tree snake in 5 years. But we have a lot of woodland and a creek out back. I worry about water snakes. So I'm wondering when they come out of hibernation since we're having warm weather now. Can anyone help me with this question? Thanks Amy
    VintageHeart93 Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Mar 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
    The last frost of the season I believe.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 20, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Water snakes are the most misidentified type of snake. Just because a snake is found in the water does not mean it is the legendary cotton mouth. Depending on where one is in S.C. you may have both the cotton mouth and the northern water snake. The cotton mouth is a very bulky and aggressive snake... though almost any snake will be aggressive when messed with. I would suggest to stay clear of all water snakes just to be safe... but before you start killing them, I recommend knowing the difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes [ 2 Answers ]

:o I have always wondered when snakes in my area come out of hybernation. I have many leaves to clean up & have been scared by lizards & snakes enough! I live in Bangor, Pa. Can someone answer my question? Thank you for your time with this request! Wendy ;D ;D ;D ;D

When do snakes come out of hybernation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi my spotted python has started hybernating and I would like to know when they stop hybernating

It is that time of the year again. [ 13 Answers ]

When micro-breweries begin to produce that seasonal deliciousness that is the Pumpkin Ale. I was wondering if anyone has been able to try the offering from O'Fallon brewery. I just picked some up the other day, and upon first sip it became my favorite. It's actually really strong in the spices...

Snakes [ 4 Answers ]

What type of snakes would you find in the Jungles in South America? Which ones wrap themselves around and suffocate their prey?

Snakes [ 5 Answers ]

We live on 10 acres and are currently living in a camper trailer while we renovate our home. We have garter snakes and I am terrified of them, so much so that I won't leave the camper during the day unless absolutely necessary. (I know that they are harmless and eat mice etc. etc. but suppose...

View more questions Search