Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armydan69 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Can you use a slide fire system at a gun range?
    Also known as.a bumpslide, I bought an ssar15 bumpslide for my ar-15 and was wondering if its aloud at public gun ranges
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
    That is for the rangemaster to decide. A bumpslide is still considered semi automatic. But it boarders on class 3 weapon. The obvious question is that of control. Most "controlled" ranges won't allow rapid fire without a malfunction happening. Most public uncontrolled ranges may allow it as no rangemaster is on site and so long as you have full control of the weapon. So long as others around you don't mind you using it then it would be OK. But if anyone complains then its your obligation to stop. Also if the range is near a ranger station then ask them first about rate of fire.

Keep us posted on how you like the system.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 03:59 PM
    The ranges I go to, would not allow, but again, "public" means private owned and each owner will have their own rules.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Call the range and ask. Many that allow full auto fire frown on bump fire and trigger manipulation devises legal or not call and ask. With the current administration this type of stuff is not cool. Even if it is "LEGAL" you may still need a lawyer to prove it. Many ranges will rent full auto weapons for use in their facilities all in all the best bet you can try different weapons and you are not burning up your barrel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp slide in range [ 0 Answers ]

Anyone know where we can find a stainless steel Sharp slide in range? I know they are no longer made, but hopefuly some appliance warehouse has one. We would even be interested in getting a gently used one. Thanks.

The lock button is on on the slide in model electric kenmore smooth top range [ 0 Answers ]

The lock button is on on the kenmore slide in electric range... smooth top... cannot seem to cancel it

Ready Aim Fire - aka the GUN thread [ 468 Answers ]

Ok, Hope its OK to start this thread about gun discussion and practices. Debate or recommend or tell your favorite gun stories. Above all respect opinions and have fun!!

Anyone know who, besides Jenn Aire manufactures a slide in electric range with a down [ 0 Answers ]

"I have a jenn aire 30 inch slide in electric range with a downdraft. I am alwyas having trouble with the control panel. It either burns out or flashes weird codes, like 'probe' and other things. Anyone know who, besides Jenn Aire manufactures a slide in electric range with a downdraft? I have...

View more questions Search