Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooky911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Contacting my nan
    Hi, I would really like to contact my nanny again. She passed away a couple of years ago. She will be 100 years old this year. I never got to say good bye. I didn't want to see her before she passed away because she was going down hill so fast I didn't want to remember her like that I wanted to remember her greating me at the front door with hugs and kisses :( please? I miss her a whole heap. Just writing this is making me teary?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 11, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Put together a little collection of mementos and if you don't have any, make some - a cardboard frame around her picture, a poem about her, or contribute a little treasure of your own. Buy some flowers or pick some, and go to a park or woods and make a little shrine, and sit on the ground and talk to her. Leave the mementos t, even if someone else takes them. Maybe someone else will figure out what they mean and leave some of their own.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cooky911 View Post
    Hi, I would really like to contact my nanny again. She passed away a couple of years ago. She will be 100 years old this year. I never got to say good bye. I didn't want to see her before she passed away because she was going down hill so fast I didn't want to remember her like that I wanted to remember her greating me at the front door with hugs and kisses :( please? I miss her a whole heap. Just writting this is making me teary?

Do you not feel you're in contact with her every time you think of her?

You control your own memories - concentrate on the happy ones, not how things were at the end.

It's part of the grieving process, and we all heal in different time frames.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Our love ones are always with us, please do not be taken in by some fraud who will take your money to "talk to her" She can hear you, so talk to her. I often go out on the deck in the evening and talk to my ex ( passed away) about how our kids have done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My nan is manipulative [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have known and been round my nan all my life she was there when I was born and through the problems I have had.she was always a little manipulative and controlling and she never really new when to stop. I have 3 brothers and sisters (4,9 and 10) she has always looked after them...

Nan nafqa [ 0 Answers ]

Assalam o Alaikum I want to ask that is there any rule in islam that a married person having kids is responsible for nan nafqa of his mother(thu the father is alive,in good health and earning) and also his brothers and sisters(thu the father is alive and in good health, earning)... what is the...

How to tell you mum she's going to be a Nan! [ 8 Answers ]

OK so I'm 19 recently found out I'm pregnant and my mum hates my partner. So how do I tell her I'm pregnant? Also I know there is no way I can live here once the baby arrives and my partner isn't working at the moment. What options do we have on where we can bring up our child in a happy and...

My nan has just passed away and I keep smelling fresh coffee [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My nan has just died (on thursday) and I keep getting strong smells of fresh coffee not all the time just every now and again moving past me when I'm sat on my sofa I wsa wondering whether it was something or nothing :confused:

Just can't accept I have lost my nan [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and have always been really really close to my grandparents, I saw then nearly everyday and lived with them for over a year. Last year I went to mallorca to work and I had only been there a month and my grandad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 weeks. I went home...

View more questions Search