Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olaminvestments Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 11:54 PM
    Partnership tax problem
    I created an LLC in 2007. Filed IRS form 1065 in 2007, but then in 2008 and 2009 did not file. My reason for not filing, is that a 17% sub-LLC owned by us did not supply us with any formal tax information or form K-1 , since 2008, to complete our tax reports for the LLC. In 2010, we did file form 1065, even while still missing the tax data from the other sub-LLC, in order to pay a capital gains tax on the sale of another property owned by the main LLC . Should we now file incomplete returns for the tax years 2008 and 2009 ? If we will do so, then I understand we might need to pay a huge IRS late filing fee because the LLC has seven partners. Or I could now file form 1065 on time for the tax year 2011, and continue to wait to receive a K-1 form in the future fromt the 17% owned sub-entity LLC ? But if I wait, the penalties still exist and could grow with interest added. Or should I file now incomplete reports and then ask for rebatement of penalties, but it is not clear if that will be allowed ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
    You need to get immediate PROFESSIONAL tax help from a CPA or enrolled agent.

The complexities of your situation is such that ANY answer provided by an expert on this forum would be incomplete and would probably do more harm than good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss on Dissolution of Partnership on Tax Return? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to finish up our taxes for 2007. My husband and his partner ended their 10 year partnership last year and my husband's Schedule K has an ending capital amount of $47,000 which he will never recoup. How do I take the loss on our tax return and what form do I use (I'm using Turbo Tax)...

Single Member LLC or Partnership (Husband/Wife) LLC (Tax Advantages) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife is winding down to her last semester in college and has already gotten really busy with freelance work. In the midst of all this work is contracts, deadlines, and money. On the side we have been doing photography work for a little over a year now, but will no doubt get a lot...

View more questions Search