Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulbaugh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Rcd trips
    The rcd on my consumer unit has started to trip on loads over 1kw ,its just the upstairs sockets which used to be fine with three heaters.I can't find water or obvious damage.its currently a 30mA,can I change it for 100mA?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 02:04 PM
    A 100 Ma rating of a RCD is only used for systems that implement the TT Earthing System, and lower rating RCD's will also be needed for those sockets considered as high risk.

A qualified electrician should be called in to test your ring main to determine what may be the cause of the tripping, and measure the fault current flow to size the RCD properly. Anything beyond this is only guessing, as each system is unique.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oven trips breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I am having tile put down and the tile guy moved the stove to tile under it. I used the stove yesterday morning. He tiled under the stove and put it back - unplugged. I went to plug it in this morning and it keeps tripping the circuit breaker. I unplugged the stove and flipped the breaker and...

GFI in the panel trips [ 1 Answers ]

I am working in a temporary building with; 16 offices, 16 A/c units, 4 people per office, computers and printers on every desk, refrigerators and battery back-ups plugged into every outlet available. There is a high load and power provided by a large 40 or 60 KW generator. The entrance panel has...

Microwave trips circuit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5-year old over-the-range Maytag microwave connected to 20-Amp service on it's own circuit. A few months ago, it began tripping the circuit when I would open or close the door. It never trips the circuit when it's cooking; just when I open or close the door. Also, it doesn't happen...

GFI Outlet Trips [ 4 Answers ]

We have an exterior GFI outlet that started continually tripping and then quit altogether. We installed a new one but it also is tripping frequently. Anyone have any suggestions please.

Breaker Trips [ 3 Answers ]

My furance Circuit breaker The main from the house input has stated to trip. It has happened twice this past weekend? Any ideas?

View more questions Search