Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrzyLexy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
    I poked my tooth extraction site. Did I pull out the blood clot?
    I had both my lower wisdom teeth pulled a week ago. I had very minimal swelling and was back to normal by the next day. I took all the precautions within the first 48 hours following the extraction. I went for my follow up visit this morning and everything looked great. This evening after dinner, I went to clean my teeth and noticed some white in the extraction sites. I figured this was food and rinsed. I took it upon myself to get the food out and pulled out some white stuff (looked almost like a piece of rice) from the site. I bled a tiny bit and now wonder if I pulled out something I shouldn't have. Was this white stuff food? Or some tissue healing? I had no pain after pulling this out of the extraction site. If this was some kind of tissue? Have a jeaopardized the healing process? I'm I still at risk of developing a dry socket?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
    It was likely food or debris. The blood clot would have been reddish purple. To be safe call your dentist but if you pulled the clot and had a dry socket you'd be going through the roof by now.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 01:41 AM
    Yes you have jeopardized fhe healing process. Any food lodging in the extraction site would naturally be expelled. I suggest calling your dentist.
    jonest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Is it normal that I've been bleeding for 4 hours?
    Marshy52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Hi just had two bottom teeth out they look like the clot is fine but my dentist told me not to smoke for 24 hours but I smoked after 4 hours is this a problem I am only taking little draws not sucking hard will this be OK as I am parinoid .
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 10:44 AM
    You folks are jumping onto someone else's post and with different issues. You need to start your own post and lay out the individual questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm wondering if I lost the blood clot in my tooth extraction. [ 28 Answers ]

... from a few days ago... or is it normal to have a hole where the tooth was extracted no a few days later? I had a top right molar extracted a few days ago and last night after swishing with a stronger salt water rinse ( I just found out) than I shouldn't, I noticed the hole where my tooth was...

Is it OK that my clot is getting lower after my tooth extraction? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my tooth extracted a week ago and they left part of my root in as it was too hard to get out. It clotted nicely and covered the whole socket however a week later the socket seems to be getting a bit more shallow every other day. Is this normal? I do not want to get dry socket

Blood clot with extracted tooth [ 2 Answers ]

How long does a blood clot last after having a tooth extracted?

How long blood clot on extraction tooth last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yea my question is how long does the blood clot that forms on the extracted site should last because I'm on my eighth day and the blood clot seems like its getting smaller so I'm worried that I might get dry socket or and infection so your help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search