Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NormoRoy Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Home Stereo System
    I am in the process of building a new home. I have done all the plumbing, heating and working on the electrical. After I complete the electrical I am considering installing a whole house stereo systems (ceiling and wall mounted speakers). I'm having a difficault time trying to located information on which systems are good, and kind of DIY install. There are pleaty of installers who are willing to do the job but I kind of wanted to do it myself.

Any resources would be helpful.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 20, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Maybe this Link will help.

I only have experience with Athena's Architectural series, in-wall speakers used as surrounds. Excellent build quality, sounds great, easy to install. Adjustable tweeter to aim at the listening position. IMO, overall an excellent product. Athena's website.

Polk Audio make in-wall speakers too, so you might want to research them also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating system for log home [ 5 Answers ]

We are in the process of building a log home. 1. Size of the home is 1796 sq ft. second floor is 534 sq ft. catheral ceiling, home will be on full basement. 2. planning to use propeane for heat. And will have central air. 3. What would to the best size propane heat unit and central air...

Stereo problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have stereo system installed in my car and it was working just fine but then one day it started getting electrical interference and now my subs go off by themselves really loud even if the volume is down all the way it still goes off with a constant base it loud too what's the problem? I have to...

Are fresh air returns needed in a home system? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing my old existing AC/heating unit and my contractor recommended not putting in a fresh air return in the system. My impression is that one is needed. Our house was built in '64 and is not air tight. I want to insure we do not have a sick house syndrome. Any educated information would...

Map of Home Electrical System [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again. I just bought a new (to me) home and want to get a handle on the electrical system. The home has 100amp service with a breaker box (95% of slots filled). What is the best way to determine what outlets and switches in the house are connected to which breakers, and how much room I have to...

View more questions Search