Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmilien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 08:00 PM
    How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online?
    How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Have you talked with your school principal about this? As far as I know, there is no way. PLUS, you really don't want to do that. Trust me, you don't. You'd be the youngest kid in high school and subject to bullying. You wouldn't be able to keep up academically, and your life would be miserable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 08:41 PM
    You can not, there are no "online" tests that allow you to skip grades. ** sorry if you were ready to jump grades you should even know that**.

But the year end tests your school uses , CAT or others, how do you score on them. Are you making straight A's Have you studied not only your own work but the additional things the grades ahead of you teaches
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Where did you get the info that this is even an option? It isn't.

The school that you're currently registered at is the only one that can determine what grade you should be in, based on your testing scores. They will not honor some online test. They have their own ways to determine if you should skip a grade or remain where you are. It's not something that's done lightly, so don't count on it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 10, 2012, 09:19 AM
    How old are you? Are you currently enrolled in a public or private school and is the high scholl the same type?
    ldarkphoenix Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jun 9, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You'd be the youngest kid in high school and subject to bullying. You wouldn't be able to keep up academically, and your life would be miserable.
    Whether this is true depends greatly on where the individual lives, and how big their school was. I knew someone in high school who was in my grade, but was two years younger (meaning he was skipped up two grades), and he had no problems.
    Not only that, but whether the person could keep up academically would depend on them, not how old they are. If they really are intelligent enough, and they apply themselves, they should have no problems.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ldarkphoenix View Post
    whether or not the person could keep up academically would depend on them, not how old they are. If they really are intelligent enough, and they apply themselves, they should have no problems.
    Then there is this --

Sho Yano
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Then there is this --

Sho Yano
    Have to point out that it says that Sho was home schooled. Now I'm even more torn about my son. Home schooling isn't sounding too bad. ;)
    TayaniGaines135 Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Nov 9, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Actually you can. All you have to do is talk with your principle about doubling one of the classes your good at , cause I'm about to do it. Like For Instance the subject I'm good at is math. Now I have to go to my principle and ask him if I can double math so then I take 8th grade math, and my regular math class... then you'll get a grade for both classes, and depending on how well you do on both s.o.l's you either fail or skip and go to high school... (:
    CrazyStereotype Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Talk to a guidance councelor or even one of the principals in your school. There would most likely be ways that they could help you find one, depending on where you live. If they can't find any; and they see that you are legible to take the test, they may give you the final exams from the school board early.

None of that is 100% possible in happening; since it is rare to be skip grades, unless you failed a course and am aceing everything the second time around. You really need to be at the top of the game, to prove that what they are giving you is too easy.

Best of luck :)
    June Buddy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 03:49 PM
    Study like a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get an 8th grade (middle school) guy to hang out/like you? Jock/class clown [ 15 Answers ]

So there is a guy that I have liked for 9 months now. I told him, (he kept asking) I liked him in March and we only talked-just me and him-once over the summer. When school started(8th grade) he was in 2 of my classes. We maybe said a few words but not much. Than my math teacher was amazing...

How can I skip 8th grade and go straight to high school? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I'm in 7th grade now, I am a September baby therefore I could be in 8th grade but I started late. My dad and I have been thinking about moving me up a grade. I'm a straight A student and I'm in advanced classes. Is there any way possible (in Arizona) that I could take online classes...

How can my child skip a grade in middle school [ 1 Answers ]

Our child was held back in 1st grade due to an October birth date. Now he is 12 and an A-B+ student going to 6th grade Aug-24 2010. He is very large compared to his classmates and wants to get involved in sports. It seems that he is in between being too old for most leagues or not in the...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Middle school 8th grade [ 1 Answers ]

What river empties into New York City Harbor? ( teacher told us to finish worksheet and there's 17 questions HELP :confused: Please answer my questions)

View more questions Search