Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micaiah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Engine oil specs
    What will happen if you put 3 quarts of oil in a 1&3/4 capacity engine? I am having a trouble with the engine cranking with the spark plugs installed. When you take the spark plugs out, oil pumps out when cranking engine.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:26 PM
    If you put 3 quarts in... the engine needs to be able to pull the piston down... so your probably compressing oil in the engine, not air... and its pumping it out. Drain it to capacity!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine filled with coolant and is mixed with oil [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering why my temperature gauge was going up so high, although the engine didn't actually get too hot. I couldn't understand why the coolant wouldn't remain in the radiator and I filled it up several times. I Checked the oil a couple days ago and the dipstick was covered about 7 or 8...

Kz650 specs [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the carb float measurement should be for a 1978 kz650. I just rebuilt the carbs and they still leak gas from the bowls. Any suggestions?

Engine Oil Leak/Antifreeze Leak--2001 Chrysler Town and Country [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 T & C has 82K and what I am told, by a reputable source,but not a mechanic, is an engine oil leak. The leak seems to be toward the front and middle. I haven't noticed an oil smell, any smoke, etc... but we are also trapped in below zero weather in Nebraska. I was also told there is an...

98 accord loss of oil and check engine light coming on [ 3 Answers ]

My check engine light came on and I noticed that the car was very low on oil. I reset the light and added oil. I drove the car for a mile or so and noticed that the oil I put in was gone. I don't see any puddles of oil or any places that look like oil is leaking. 2 Years ago I had something like...

Engine Oil [ 3 Answers ]

All right, problems with this car are coming up constantly. I just found out my Civic 91 DX has been driving on mineral based 15W40 oil for at least 6 years now. My service manual suggests a full synthetic 5W30, and I read somewhere that you should do some kind of "flushing" of the whole engine...

View more questions Search