Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wifey01 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2012, 11:17 PM
    She just doesn't feel accountable for her action and I am so frustrated with her.
    We were best friend for 24 years right out from high school. Basically I have no one to turn to for my frustration, she was always there for me. The only things I don't like about her was each time after she heard my problem she would post it in her social web about her best friends problem and to added that that was the reason she will never want to be in my position. I forgave her many times for this because I hold her dearly, I never once say anything about her to anyone but my husband. After my husband's infidelity hit on me I had the utmost shocked that she was speaking on the side of 'the other woman' instead of me. She was involved in married man herself and her advise was to keep my eyes and ears closed for what's matter is the kid, just let my husband be whatever he wants and I should tolerate it and do not confront or say anything to him and that I should let it all go.
    One day I made it clear to her that I do not want to hear anything about her relationship about her married boyfriend and I just need my time to sort my things out. And yet each time when her guy bought her new lingerie just to sleep with her, she got so happy and share with me. I said he is married, she said yeah I know but when I asked why she still want to get involved (my heart was so devastated due to my husband betrayal towards me). She just replied I don't know, that guy was the one initiate not my problem. That really hurt me so much. I'm pouring right now, can anyone give me some sort of advise>
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Mar 8, 2012, 01:24 AM
    Wifey 01,

No problem. It is quite natural, and do not take it to your heart. It is her problem and never take anything to your heart, until and unless it is too large. Moreover, it is her behaviour and why are you tense? Still, I hope time is a great healer. Talk to her, and sure, something will come out of your talk. Good luck!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2012, 04:33 AM
    I'm wondering why you are still close friends if she repeatedly does things that you have told her are hurtful to you?

I'd have a heart to heart talk with her and explain your feelings. How she responds will let you know whether she is a friend worth holding onto.

You may find that it is time to let the friendship fade, or become not as close, so that you can find more healing and supportive friendships with others.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Agree with Doula - I think you either end the friendship (and I don't see much merit to the friendship) OR you are very, very careful about what you say to her.

And, yes, I'd be frank with her and tell her about your concerns.
    wifey01 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Thank you Judy, Doula and Kahani. I have not spoken to her since then. I hope she don't contact me, if she does I do not think I have the courage to pick it up. Maybe I just need to get away from her, she's kind of clingy when comes to friends because I listen. I've bigger matter myself to handle and her matter isn't my concern anymore. I've come to a point that I rather not having any friend at all than having all the miseries hold up in me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can Banks be held accountable for their mistakes? [ 11 Answers ]

I requested my checking account be closed by US Bank. The US Bank teller did it incorrectly as stated by a US Bank phone banker. I went to close the account on 10/21/2011. In December I received statements that pay pal payments were being returned insuffisent funds. I figured they were payments I...

I feel so frustrated. What can I do to turn things around for myself? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my job a few months ago. Along the way, I lost my apartment and my children and now I'm living in a studio hotel apartment. I feel like all the drive has been sucked out of me. My children both hung themselves(my son in December 2009 and my daughter in November 2001) and they are now in the...

Am I wrong? I feel sexually frustrated [ 7 Answers ]

I am 29 yrs old, my husband is 26. He lost his sexual drive (at least towards me) I can't even remember when, it just happened. Before we would only have sex if he was drunk so I didn't mind him drinking, not like an alcoholic but he'd drink whenever we went out. Now even when he drinks he falls...

I feel so frustrated about myself [ 7 Answers ]

I feel so frustrated about myself because I could never be brave enough to be myself. I always think before I talk and often criticizes myself. Every time I want to make a joke, I always go halfway and it end up being not funny, and then I get embarrassed and feels like a failure. I go halfway...

Accountable for boyfriends Debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Can I be held accountable for my boyfriends debt if we live together? I live in Ontario, Canada. Any help would be appreciated!

View more questions Search