Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ablaho Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2004, 02:29 PM
    Air lock in bathroom water faucet
    I just drained my hot water heater in an attempt (only partially successful) to eliminate the noise as the water heated. I now have one bathroom with no water (except for a bare dribble) either hot or cold. All other faucets are fine and this was not the faucet that I had turned on upstairs to help drain the waterheater in the basement. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Nov 28, 2004, 03:21 PM
    Air Lock
    Got it fixed. It was NOT an airlock. The faucet has a two piece filter on it consisting of a screen being "fed" by a plastic piece with a small hole in it. Apparently that hole got plugged.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2004, 07:26 PM
    Good. Quite often something that has been working fine picks up some crud when you work on it.

*iatrogenic (iatro- + Gr. Gennan to produce) resulting from the activity of physicians. Originally applied to disorders induced in the patient by autosuggestion based on the physician's examination, manner, or discussion, the term is now applied to any adverse condition in a patient occurring as the result of treatment by a physician or surgeon, especially to infections acquired by the patient during treatment. Cf. nosocomial.

Nov 29, 2004, 12:55 PM
    Iatrogenic
    Labman,

Clever reply. I got a good chuckle.

Andy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Lock in Water Line to Toilet [ 5 Answers ]

I had to drain water from the house last night to fix a minor leak in a cold water line. Now, one of my toilets will not fill after it is flushed. It appears that there is an air lock in the line. How do I fix this?

Cold water air lock ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , I recently got a new bathroom suite , shower and kitchen sink fitted downstairs. The bathroom suite and kitchen went in OK without any problems but since the shower went in yesterday , there is very little water coming from the bathroom basin tap. This water stops altogether should I...

Water hammer/Air Lock Problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, When ever I turn on my hot water (basin) for the very first time for the day, there is no banging noise. However, after a few minutes after hot water is flushed out, when I try to turn on the hot water again, there is a loud banging noise. This only happens to my hot water and not the...

No Hot Water Pressure in Bathroom Cartridge Faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have no hot water pressure in one of my sinks in the Master bath. All other faucets in the bathroom are fine and cold water comes out of the problematic faucet with ease. I have reviewed some of the similar posts and opened up my single handle faucet to clean the cartridge. The cartridge was...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search