Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankorbill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Removing shower drain for shower pan replacement
    I am in the process of removing an existing shower tray. I am having difficulty in removing the drain. It does not appear to screw in. I have access to from below if I need to cut pvc pipe. This appears to be the only thing keeping my tray in place at this time.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
    It sounds like you have a manufactured base and enclosure? If the drain's glued in you will have to cut the raiser to pull the base out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marble shower pan drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am istalling a marble shower pan. Do I install the drain plumbing to the tub before I set the pan in place, or do I wait until I have it set in and then install the drain as I hook into the drain lines?

Shower Pan replacement [ 7 Answers ]

I am completely redoing my master bath due to dating/leaks in the shower wall area. Currently the bathroom is down to the studs and I am slowly working through my issues. One that I have come across is my shower pan and how I go about redoing it. My shower was tile - floor included. I have torn...

Removing shower pan [ 4 Answers ]

We are chasing a water leak around a shower stall and have removed the glass doors and molding around the shower pan. Want to remove the shower pan but are confused how high the lip goes up under the tiled walls. Are we going to end up removing some of the tile to get the pan out? Hopefully the...

Removing Shower Pan [ 5 Answers ]

I'm replacing my shower pan with tile. I've got all the old tile removed and the pan is fully exposed. I've removed the screws that were holding it to the studs. What do I do next? Thanks Curyman

Shower Pan Replacement Question [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing an old shower pan with a fiberglass unit. I believe the old pan is acrylic. There is a large opening in the slab for the trap, approx 12" x 12". There will be no support for the part of the pan that's directly above this cutout. Is the fiberglass shower pan strong enough to not...

View more questions Search