Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slyfox70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Would my child be eligible for benefits if his father is permanantly disabled?
    The county I live in closed my child support case for the reason of the father being permanent diabled. Am I stll able to get some type of support or apply for benefits for my child since his father gets social security?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2012, 04:29 AM
    Certain types of social security disabilities do allow for payments to the disabled's children. You should go with the father to the SS office to apply.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 05:06 AM
    What type of social security is he on? If it is SSI then there is no benefit for the child. If it is SSD then there may be a benefit for the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My child father doesn't have to pay child support due to being disabled can [ 14 Answers ]

Can I get SSI for my child if the father don't have to pay child support due to being disabled? What all proof do I need to show when applying? How long does everything take?

If I'm disabled and on SS and have a child will I lose benefits [ 11 Answers ]

Im mentally disabled. My question is, If my ex was pregnant and it was mine, would Social security strip me of every benefit?

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

View more questions Search