Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RachelOs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 12:36 PM
    Possessive aunts
    I am 22 years old and I live in MO. I am having my first child in July! I rent a home with my fiancé, pay my bills, go to school, and work a full time job. Everything was going great until I overheard a conversation at a famliy dinner between my aunts, saying the second I look " stoned " after my daughter is born, they are going to call cps and try and get coustody of her! I was never a partier, and I smoked cannabis once in a while, but never have I smoked since being pregnant, and I don't plan on smoking after she's born. I don't have time with work, school, and a new baby, to worry about someone in my famliy that assumes I am an unfit mother. They constanlly joke about when I'm going to loose my daughter, as well as call my daughter " their baby " . It's Driving me nuts! I don't find it funny or cute to joke about someone's child being taken, or to slander a new mother because they want her baby. They seem to think they are going to be at my house 24/7 after she's born to make sure I'm " taking care of her the right way". They criticize me for my decision to breastfeed, saying I won't follow through with it and should just do formula, I think they just want to be able to make her a bottle. I could go on and on, just yesterday one of my aunts said she would be over to change her out of the " hippy" cloths I dress her in. How can I put a stop to a of this? They seem to think calling cps will get them some kind of coustody or something, what in the world! Any advice would be awesome, thank you!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Have you spoken to them yet about this behavior? They should be working on creating a environment for you and the child that is exceptional not caustic. If they continue then take them to court for a restraining order.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2012, 03:52 PM
    I wouldn't allow any of them near my child and I also wouldn't be sitting down with dinner or anything else with them. I don't think you have to be nasty. Tell them their comments upset you and so you aren't going to listen any more.

When the baby is born don't allow them in the house.

I don't know where you are but smoking "once in a while" CAN get you reported to CPS, legitimately. I'm not judging you or the Law but how do they know you smoked?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I see my Aunts will? [ 0 Answers ]

My Aunt lived the last few months of her life in France with her daughter; she died and is buried in England.I am sure that an English solicitor was used to `clear up her affaires`. Where will the will be deposited now? Can I see it, without my cousins knowledge? I have reason to believe that...

Aunts rights [ 7 Answers ]

I have parental responsibility of my step-daughter since I split with her dad,(we are on friendly terms). She has not seen or heard from her mother for 8 years or her mothers family now her aunt(mother half-sister) has got in contact saying she is going to take me to court to get visitation as I`m...

Visitation for aunts [ 4 Answers ]

My brother is divorced from his ex-wife. She has primary custody and he is supposed o have partial. On more than one occasion he has had to ake her back to court because she was not allowing him to see his son. My brother is not an abusive man nor has he ever failed to pay child support for his...

Aunts rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nephew who my brother is withholding from me, just to keep in control. In canadian law, do I have any rights?

Aunts rights? [ 3 Answers ]

Please can anyone tell me if I have any rights to see my nieces and nephew. I have fallen out with my sister because she has treated my mum really badly as she is going through chemo. She has stopped us both from seeing the children and we are devastated. My mum is not yet strong enough to take...

View more questions Search