Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fany123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 7, 2012, 08:55 AM
    Restraining order custody?
    I have a restraining order and I asked for legal and physical custody which was granted. My question os do I need my son's father to go with me to get his passport to travel?
    jack_of_all Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2012, 09:11 AM
    If you are legal custodial parent you are the oly one that needs to go to get the passport but I believe you will need to notify your Ex that you intend to take the child out of the country
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_of_all View Post
    If you are legal custodial parent you are the oly one that needs to go to get the passport but I belive you will need to notify your Ex that you intend to take the child out of the country

Please don't guess on the legal boards - the correct answer is: "The first thing you need to know is that your child must apply in person [for a passport] with both parents or guardians... ", straight from the INS site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining order and child custody [ 1 Answers ]

What if me and my husband have a restraining order and I have sole legal custody and never showed up in court. We both did not show up in court. Do the current orders stay in effect or what happens?

Can a dad take custody from a mom through a restraining order? [ 7 Answers ]

My kids dad has never really been involved in their lives, until the last 2 years. We never went to court for visitation. Now he put a restraining order on me and he wants to take the kids. The restraining order states not that I am abusive with anyone only that I am never civil with him. Can he...

What's the difference between a restraining order and a violent restraining order? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend is stalking me and used to beat me up and keep me away from my friends, he's threatening to further what's already occurred, I'm pretty scared, and the police know of certain occasions, but I am unsure which to take out, I don't want him to like, never be able to get a job again...

View more questions Search