Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Valerius Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 12:22 AM
    Fighting intrusive thoughts, help!
    Hey guys,
    I'm a 20 year old guy; I've had bad outbreaks of intrusive thoughts before, but I managed to overcome them by simply refusing to be afraid of them. Now they've come back, and they just won't go away; it's been a long time now. It's like there's a separate me m trying to sabotage myself in my head; recently it's gotten a wee bit better, but at times it has felt like I'm a prisoner in my own mind.

I can't even do meditation anymore and have thoughts that I know are irrational, like thinking I'll never be able to write (my passion/talent) again.

If anyone could spare any advice or thoughts or words I would be so grateful!

Thanks guys,
    -Justin
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 11, 2012, 02:40 AM
    When you say intrusive thoughts - I gather that you mean that you have thoughts that are upsetting to you. I would say - first, are you upset about something right now - or when you have the upsetting thoughts? You may not feel good about yourself because you may have been abused in some way and now you are hurting yourself by telling yourself that you won't make it, you are not good enough and so forth. Your thoughts may just be inaccurate beliefs that you have learned. You will need to establish new beliefs about yourself - new values that will help you - rather than hurt you. This is the key. Know that you are first and foremost a spirit and that you want to do well in this life - that it is your desire for goodness that gives you strength and courage to move forward. Be kind to yourself - know that you deserve a chance like everyone else. Take care and write again on how you are doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I consider sex to be intrusive and violating [ 41 Answers ]

Is these thoughts 'normal' or 'average' my therapist say it's OK if I don't want people touching me especially in intimate ways. She said it's OK if I don't want to go to the gyno (never been before even though I am 32). I feel any kind of touching or probing by others in the private areas is very...

MIL too intrusive. [ 4 Answers ]

I just seriously need some outsider advice on my relationship with my MIL. For nine years we have butted heads and my husband has been the between for all theses years. From the day that I met her she has not liked me. Now together we have four children how do we work around having her see the kids...

Intrusive mental voice [ 6 Answers ]

So I don't know what's going on with me. I have a huge lack of appetite, lack of interest. When I approach a meal or any food I get nauseous. And all of this started when I saw a talk show where a lesbian was saying that she enjoyed hitting on straight women, and that every woman has had the desire...

Intrusive In Laws [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and hope to gather some good advice in order to stay sane. I have some in law problems. My husband and I got married 4 months ago, we live with his family. I do not have any family in the US, only my husband. The problem I have is with my husbands' mother and...

View more questions Search