Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marilynn82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 04:35 PM
    If I have a Betadine allergy, does this mean I am allergic to fish as well?
    I had an itching frenzy after surgery because of betadine being applied to my skin. Since then I have avoided anything Iodine, including fish and multivitamins because they contain fish. Is this what I should be doing or is it OK to consume fish?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Have you confirmed with an allergist that the iodine in the betadine is what you reacted to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor wanting me to use Betadine [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having recurring boils for 8 months now the doctor wants me to use Betadine it stains the skin. I looked on the Internet and they say there is a Betadine Skin Cleanser but doesn't say if it stains the skin or not. Does anyone know if the skin cleanser stains ? Is there something else I...

Are you allergic to Betadine? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if such an allergy is shared by anyone. My ophthalmologist, after using Betadine twice on my eyes, relented grudgingly and used a different antibacterial ointment./drop. He gave me plenty of attitude as I was really putting him out by asking him to "hold the Betadine please." Both...

Oxycodone allergy if allergic to codeie? [ 2 Answers ]

I am allergic to codeine but take hydrocodone successfully. Should I be allergic to oxycodone if I am allergic to codeine? Are they in the same drug family? Codeine and oxycodone? My email is: [email protected]; if anyone can answer my allergy question please!

View more questions Search