Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yesamen58 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Is it ethical for an employer to expense instead of capitalize Re: NOI bonus
    I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to my past employer who expensed out capital expenditures to make my NOI bonus non-existant. I worked for a hotel that decided to purchase new furniture for the property. I was required to hire outside labor to turn a 50 room property over in 2 days( old furniture removal and new furniture installation). The project also required tool purchases and rentals to accommodate the installation... plus numerous other direct costs. The next month they started the required ADA renovation to which they expensed out these cost againist my NOI also.
    I am in the process of starting a wage claim against this corporation for my bonus but don't know what my rights are!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 08:08 PM
    There is no legal requirement to be ethical, they can be un ethical all they want if they don't break any laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W2 and 1099 bonus from employer [ 1 Answers ]

I received a bonus in 2008 from my employer and it was reporte on a 1099-misc in box 7. How do I report this w/o claiming it as self-employment

401k and bonus from prior employer [ 2 Answers ]

I was let go June 2007. Now, March 2008 I will get a bonus from the prior employer, for work in 2007. Should I get the 401K, and company match for the work done in 2007 but paid in 2008? Do I owe state taxes on the bonus? I worked then in MA and live in NH, if the money is 2008 Income, then...

Capitalize or Expense [ 2 Answers ]

If a company incurs a lot of development expenses relating to setting up their website through which they do their business, can you capitalize these expenses or doyou have to expense

Capitalize or Expense Costs? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I need some help please... Think specifically about the costs that a company pays out each day.Some accountants will allow you to capitalize some (if not most) of these items (and only incur amortization expenses year over year) while others will advise you expense them all in...

Capitalize or Expense [ 3 Answers ]

Computer consultants fixed bugs and made enhancements to our proprietary software. The cost is large enough to capitalize but should I expense?

View more questions Search