Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Mar 5, 2012, 11:35 AM
    Long-term creative project for English (ESL) students
    Hi again! It's great to have such helpful friends! :)

I'm currently teaching English as a second language to 2 groups of intermediate students.

I want to a) get them to use English in a real context and b) encourage and challenge them to do something big and productive, and not just take in teaching, day in and day out.

I had thought of something like an animated short film, or a children's story book; I'd like something that will require many different areas of investigation and expertise. We have one little 12-year-old genius who loves drawing animations, and is quite good at it; and we have a 13-year-old boy who is going to be a politician (he says so and I'm afraid I believe it) and has a lot of other good ideas. There are a lot of wannabes in the group, and I "wanna" encourage them.

These are B-1 students--that is, lower intermediate English.

Would you have any ideas of projects--what might or might not work? What they might enjoy doing? Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Long-term creative project for English (ESL) students [ 0 Answers ]

Hi again! It's great to have such helpful friends! :) I'm currently teaching English as a second language to 2 groups of intermediate students. I'd really like to come up with a project that we could do together--a semi-big project that will really take them aback, and hopefully end up with...

Long term marriage.long term problems [ 6 Answers ]

Well Where do I start …I have been with the same woman since high school and now at 41 we are in a very rough marriage with a 4 year old son …we almost got a divorce at the 7 year mark due to her request that she just didn’t love me anymore and some of the hurtful things I had done like some...

Word Formations (Compound) Problems for ESL/EFL Students [ 1 Answers ]

What special problems do you think English word formations such as compounds may present to those who are trying to acquire English as a second language?

Typing, esl teaching, italian-english translations. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an English teacher living in Italy. Most of my experience is in teaching children. I can translate (correctly) from Italian to English. I did secretarial college, so I can type well. I would really like to find a way of working from home on-line. Could anyone suggest a non-saturated source...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search